1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Babies Castle

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by floydnjanicefan, Feb 19, 2004.

1. floydnjanicefan Active Member

2. King Prawn New Member

I used to have that, I love it. Sadly my Mum decided to give it away when I was about 7, she thought I had out grown the Muppet's. Little did she know. She did keep the figure for me though.

I don't remember who they were made by but I do know that the Castle was released along with Knight Gonzo, Knight Kermit, King Kermit, a Regular Baby Piggy, Jester Beaker & Wizard Bunsen and apparantly with some kind of Dragon which I don't recall.

Along with the castle a type of Muppet fun fair was released. It was a track set up like a square, with tracks that then came throught the middle, one horisontally and another vertically. Four section were then made up were you'd place some sort of ride, I seem to remember one of those wheels that goes round, A tea cup ride and I don't remember the other two. Anyway it'd come with a train with Baby Animal's face sculpted on the front. you'd then place one of the eight Muppets baby figures it came with (Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Piggy, Animal, Scooter & Skeeter) inside the train and the others on the rides as the train passed each ride it would stop and the ride would move (Tea cups would spin etc...).

Unfortunatly I now have neither the fair nor the castle but I do have all the figs minus Knight Gonzo.

King Kermit
    Knight Kermit
    Piggy
    Piggy 2 (one withthe castle the other with the fair)
    Kermit
    Fozzie
    Rowlf
    Gonzo
    Animal
    Bunsen
    Beaker
    Scooter
    Skeeter

I'm terrible with Digital Camera but i'll see what I can do.
  3. Zack the Dog Active Member

Yes I used to have this! Oh it was fun, I really don't remember a dragon either. I only had the Muppet castle, but Disney did the samething a few years before or so with the Disney castle in which I had both, i also had the Disney Train theme park, my younger brother has a whnie the pooh train, so we made a big park out of all of the set when we were young and played or hours! HOURS! :) :zany:
  4. Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh no wait! now that i looked at the photo I DO remember the dragon and the horse! I forgot about those, I only have night Gonzo, jester Beaker, Wizard Busnen and the reg Piggy from that set now. :sympathy:

That dragon was ugly...it scared me! :eek:
  5. jediX Active Member

There was a Disney castle (methinks) that looked EXACTLY like that, just blue. I still have it somewhere...
  6. floydnjanicefan Active Member

Thanks for the responses. Those figures sound very cool - I would have loved to have Muppet Babies figures, I never knew that they made small figures of Skeeter, Bunsen, or Beaker. I would love to see pictures...
  7. beaker Well-Known Member

K, so what ya guys are saying...is that they made Muppet baby figures of beaker, bunsen, rowlf, scooter, and skeeter?

*walks outside* ($($#()($)@)$%@*()$)@*($(@)

Ok, that felt better. Does anyone have pictures of these figures? And how in the holy heck did I miss this??? It came ou tin 1989 for goodness sakes, the greatest year ever...grrr... Were these posable?

hey, is that the La Choy Dragon???
  8. jediX Active Member

You know, it kinda DOES look like him, even though it is miscolored and the photos aren't great quality.
  9. Zack the Dog Active Member

Yep yep, it was a really cool toy, and yes there was a Disney castle, it was set up just like that MB one is, only it came out a few years or so before hand, it came with mickey mouse figures the mickey train came with Huey Duey and Louie, the three little pigs and Goofy and I think the Disney Castle came with Mickey Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Daisy....but i'm not sure, i'm just recalling the characters that I had, not really who came with each set, lol!

the whinne the Pooh train set had Pooh, Piglet, Eeore,Rabbit, Kanga, Owl, and Tigger.
  10. King Prawn New Member

No the weren't posablethey were made of really hard plastic. If I can learn how to do it and find some time i'll post pics.
  11. Zack the Dog Active Member

Yeah, they were very glossy, the disney one's were like a really strong thick glass/ceramic. but whatever it was it was really hard as the same for the Muppets....gosh i miss this toy. :)
  12. floydnjanicefan Active Member

I looked online and could not find pictures of the castle of the figures anywhere. Were any of the Muppets in their classic clothing from the show, or were they all in costumes?
  13. Zack the Dog Active Member

Well there is a picture of the castle and the Kight Gonzo figure on the ebay listing in the begining of this thread, I know the Miss Piggy that came with the castle was in her classic clothing, were as there were two diffrent Kermits a kinght one and a king one, then wizard Bunsen and jester Beaker. So six figures plus a horse and a dragon. I found it odd having two diffrent Kermit in one set and then Miss Piggy dressed reg from the show. They could have done Queen Piggy and then have Fozzie as another kight then Kermit. I never understood it. I wish I had a Rowlf and Fozzie at the time. (plus Scooter, Seekter and Animal)
  14. floydnjanicefan Active Member

I just found these things on ebay: Is the Scooter in the front of this group the one that came with the fun fair playset?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3176574962&category=19234

Also, in the front of this group, there is a Rowlf that looks like his is dressed up as Robin Hood, a Gonzo is some kind of a costume, and an Animal playing the drums:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3176340593&category=19234

Are any of these from those two playsets that you mentioned?
  15. Zack the Dog Active Member

Umm, I don't know about the Rowlf/Animal Gonzo one, but yes that Scooter looks like he would belong to the set, I didn't have the train/fun fair set so i didn't have scooter, but he looks matching to the Muppet Babie figures from the castle so yes that scooter would be of the set. :)
  16. floydnjanicefan Active Member

I wish that I had collected these sets when I was younger. When I was younger I always went to stores looking for Muppet Babies merchandise (well, actually, I still do), but somehow I missed these figures and playsets.
  17. beaker Well-Known Member

Darnit I wish I could get ahold of this...I have no idea how this slipped under my radar in the late 80's...tho I was more a rabid MB fan 84-86. Surprised this wasnt included in the MCM collectibles guide. To think they had Bunsen and Beaker figurines in the late 80's!
  18. King Prawn New Member

Yea taht Scooters from the Fun fair set, the pther's aren't.

here's a list of how they each came:

Kermit(3) = 1) Regular Clothing 2) King Outfit 3) dressed as a Knight
    Piggy (2) = 1) Regular Clothing 2) Exactly like the first one
    Gonzo (2) = 1) Regular Clothing 2) dressed as a knight
    Fozzie = Regular Clothing
    Scooter = Regular Clothing
    Skeeter = Regular Clothing
    Animal = Regular Clothing
    Rowlf = Regular Clothing
    Bunsen = Wizard Outfit
    Beaker = Jester Outfit.
  19. Zack the Dog Active Member

Ok so to pair them up in sets
    The castle had...

Kermit(2) (1)King Outfit (2) dressed as a Knight
    Gonzo (1) dressed as a knight
    Piggy (1) Regular Clothing
    Bunsen = Wizard Outfit
    Beaker = Jester Outfit

The fun fair/Train set had...

Kermit = Regular Clothing
    Piggy = Regular Clothing: Exactly like the first one, the same thing
    Gonzo =Regular Clothing
    Fozzie = Regular Clothing
    Scooter = Regular Clothing
    Skeeter = Regular Clothing
    Animal = Regular Clothing
    Rowlf = Regular Clothing

So the Castle had 6 Muppet figures where as the Train had 8, but to even it out the Castle came with a Dragon and a Horse.

I wish I had the Train instead, but I had a Disney train which was the same but yet not Muppets.
  20. Camellia New Member

I can confirm what the others wrote. yes there were a lot of figures. I have both the castle and the merrygoround, carnival set. Both were my daughter's things. they are really cute!! the elevator can be stuck and not work, so be sure to ask about that, and the missing parts. if it doesn't sell at ebay, make the person an offer that you feel is fair, being there are parts missing. there were also horses the muppets could ride, and there are supposed to be red flags atop the castle spires.

have fun!

best wishes,
    Diane and Gina
    visit our Muppet Store
    Camellia's
    http://www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore
    our ID at ebay is doozer!