1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by erniebert1234ss, Aug 3, 2004.

1. HOPEFULLY THEY DO RELEASE MUPPET BABIES ON DVD AND HOPEFULLY US AUSSIES GET IT TO?
    WE ARE STIILL WAITING FOR FRAGGLE ROCK SEASON ONE AND MUPPETS WIZARD OF OZ.
  2. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

Muppet Babies News Flash

The Compant that made the Dolls still holds the license and Disney feels they can wait it the same with TMTM Sony has the right to that.
  3. Lograph

Lograph New Member

Wow baba! Thanks!
    Link cool dolls
    dolls.iwantinfo.biz
  4. spoilednselfish

spoilednselfish New Member

So theres this site, dvdcraze . tv (Without the spaces.) i believe, they're selling a Muppet Babies DVD (from the pilot to the finale) ..what do you guys think? Is this site even legit??! Sorry about the spaces, I'm supposedly not allowed to post ANY links until 10 posts, and i'm new here. BLAH. LOL.

I've seen the ebay listings that go for almost a hundred bucks, but was wondering..does anyone actually have that set? and is it worth it?

I purchased a set off of ebay..The discs are....okay...the quality is fine, but the problem is some episodes are cut off, especially the, "go byebye" animal always did at the end of episodes. But, since I am so obsessed with the muppet babies (used to watch it when I was a kid, obviously), I enjoy the discs. Just wondering if there was anyone else who purchased a better one?
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I just e-mailed Disney, and guess what? Disney plans on releasing the first season sometime this August. Disney also plans on releasing the entire Little Muppet Monsters series on the same day as Muppet Babies: The Complete First Season. There will be features included, but I haven't been told what they are yet.

Disney will also start broadcasting Muppet babies on The Disney Channel this june, and every episode, even the last season, will be included.

April Fools (I've done a few other april fools jokes on message boards today, but I promise that this will be my last april fools joke today, and that's not an april fools joke)
  6. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

i am so glad i didn't come on april fool's day...

Hey, could you PLEASE email Disney anyways and see if they'd be willing to appease the fans?

BJ
  7. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

On petitionspot.com there are close to 600 votes(my sister and me included) to release box sets of the muppet babies.:crazy: :crazy:
  8. crazed gonzo fa

Ha ha, very funny.:mad: :attitude: :crazy:

9. hahaha had me very excited as it is only 2 months till august. i hope they will release it soon.
  10. crazed gonzo fa

Even for an April Fool's Joke, that's not funny.:mad: Anyone have any REAL information? By the way, the petition on petitionspot.com now has over 600 votes:) :crazy:
  11. MustangRockstar

MustangRockstar New Member

12. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

DARNIT! You beat me to it!!!

BJ
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Keps hope alive!!!:)
  14. Grover

Grover New Member

Same here I was gonna post that put somebody beat me to it.
  15. crazed gonzo fa

Is this entirely true? I just don't want to get my hopes up too high.
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

all i can say is.................................. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: lol, like a kid from the 80's i grew up with Muppet Babies (and Pee Wee's Playhouse, hey GOTTA LOVE Pee-Wee he was also on CBS the same channel MB was on, I ONLY remeber becouse mom use ta tape ALL that stuff for me and my brother we have a few eps of animated FR, MB and Pee Wee on tape) :)
  17. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Sorry, but...

I don't know what this site's source is, but I would not take their "announcement" that seriously (especially without listing any sources to back up their claim). There has been no announcement from Disney for such a title. Disney has made their official announcements for their upcoming animated-TV-show-DVD-sets going through to the end of the summer (The Tick, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin). And there had been a bit of advanced notice for awhile leading up to the official word. There are other Disney titles already announced (and many others hinted at) for September, October, and even later – A Muppet Babies DVD release has not been mentioned by Disney at all, so a "surprise" announcement or release this summer seem very very very unlikely at this point. To drive my point home even further, I contacted Buena Vista after first reading this article, and they said that they have no plans to release Muppet Babies on DVD (at this point in time). Maybe we'll see a release later, but at this point there are no plans.

So until we hear something more reliable... keep hope alive!
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm with Gefling on this, the site seems a dubious source at best. And though I would seriously want to get my paws on Muppet Babies, I just don't see it happening any time soon. And if it did, it would have to have some serious cuts.
  19. crazed gonzo fa

I knew it was too good to be true.:concern: :rolleyes: :crazy:
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

With the Muppet Babies I would never get my hopes up.