1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Babies opening sequence question

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Muppet dude, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

And the best part of that? They have a live action clip of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem watching the show and bouncing to the beat of the theme song. I just love that.

Actually, it's more like, "they're down in the basement putting on shows." But otherwise you're correct.
  2. Muppet dude Active Member

Yep. Maybe the Electric Mayhem was watching the show since their own Animal was in it. :halo:

But I'm not sure who it is that says "HUH?" It might be either Baby Piggy or Baby Gonzo. Their "Huh?"s sound similar
  3. What about Baby Animal?
  4. Block Shows

Seeing as this incarnation was a "block" type show (at least two segments), do you have any other favorite shows that were "block" shows? I know there were a lot of Hanna-Barbera cartoons between the mid 1970s and the early 1980s that were part of blocks, such as:

*The Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show (1975-1976) (Mumbly, a Muttley reworking that bordered on Scooby-Doo-type mystery solving, was added, replacing one T&J rerun for the course of 16 weeks in the 1976-1977 season). T&J itself was of course a continuation of the old 1940-1967 MGM theatrical cartoons, and Grape Ape ("Grape Ape, Grape Ape") was a huge purple gorilla (bystanders would say "A gorilla-la-la-la!" when they're distraught by his presence) who had the vocal mannerism of Lurch Addams (and R&B singer Barry White), assisted by his sidekick dog, Beegle Beagle.

*The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (Show) (1976-1977) (Scooby-Doo is a mystery-solving Great Dane assisted by four friends named Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma; and Dynomutt: Dog Wonder is a Batman parody featuring a robotic dog who malfunctions at times, with the title character bordering on Robin: Boy Wonder, and his sidekick Blue Falcon/Radley Crown, a socialite art dealer by day, bordering on Batman/Bruce Wayne). This would segue into Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics for the 1977-1978 season, introducing us to Captain Caveman (his trademark was his elongated battle cry of "CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!") and Laff-A-Lympics which itself was a parody of ABC's Wide World of Sports and Battle of the Stars.

~Ben (BigBirdABCDEFGH)
  5. scottishpiggy Member

all this talk of muppet babies has made me go and put my dvd on :)
  6. Rugratskid Active Member

So wait, are you mbfan07?
  7. Muppet dude Active Member

No I'm not :p
  8. Rugratskid Active Member

Oh. :laugh: Sorry about that. Do you have any episodes of Muppet Babies?
  9. mimitchi33 Member

That's easy: Garfield and Friends!

About the opening sequence, that could possibly be one of the older seasons. I haven't seen the show since I was in kindergarten, so I don't remember much.