1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Babies: Puppets?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by dmoss, Apr 29, 2008.

1. dmoss

dmoss Member

Does anyone know if there were ever ever any MB Puppets created for shows, or otherwise? They would be pretty interesting to see, methinks...
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well...There was the fantasy sequence in TMT and then the clip of them in MFC which was puppets.
  3. dmoss

dmoss Member

I'm sorry...I'm kind of new to Muppet Fandom; what do those abbreviations stand for? :p
  4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I would like to know too! I think TMT should be TMTM, which is The Muppets Take Manhattan (Movie).Dont know what MFC is?
    The only other time I think the clip played was in an episode of Muppet Babies itself, but again it is the same clip from TMTM.
    And then there were the muppet Babies photo puppets, used to make jigsaw puzzels etc.
  5. dmoss

dmoss Member

Wowzers...I would LOVE for MR to make Muppet Babies Photo Puppets...that would just be awesome. :) Especially to have the 5-Pack...awesome.

Now, I'm sad, because I know that can't happen! :(
    ===
    EDIT: Oh, wow...by the wonderful power of Youtube, I found a video of the Muppet Babies from "Manhattan"...! They're completely adorable; especially Rowlf and Fozzie! Now I REALLY want them, everyone!

Muppet Babies in "Manhattan"
  6. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I actually got to put my hand inside the baby Rowlf head! It was one of the greatest experiences of my life!
  7. dmoss

dmoss Member

Really? That is awesome! What was it like? Was it on the set, or were you in a warehouse, or...?

How exciting!
  8. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I wouldnt totally rule out MR making Muppet Babies photo puppets.They have a good relationship with Disney, who also control Muppet Babies.Thing is though-is there a demand?
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Here's a page of MC abbreviations, on an MCWiki! http://mctionary.wetpaint.com/page/Abbreviations

But MuppetPerson was right...I meant MTM, not TMT...Sorry for confusion! And welcome to MC!
  10. dmoss

dmoss Member

Thanks, Beau! :)

Also, I would be really excited if the Babies were made by MR...it would truly be epic, and I think the demand would be pretty high...perhaps. ;)
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

MFC would be Muppet Family Christmas. I know beau posted the site, but I just thought I'd mention it here.
  12. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Back in 2000 there was a traveling Muppet exhibit and it came to Flint, Michigan just barely an hour south of where I lived. The exhibit covered all facets of Henson creation, and one of the displays was a hands-on station where you could touch and play with odds and ends bits of puppets and materials. In the assorted pile I found baby Rowlf's head, partially dismantled but still enough intact to manipulate. Here's a photo:
    http://www.jayfosgitt.com/PhotoGallery/muppets2.html
    It really was the coolest experience ever!
  13. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

That was a cool picture lowercasegods. I have a question (and i'm sorry to get off topic for one second) in the Muppet#4 picture, do you know if that is a Digit puppet at the top of the picture, or is that my imagination?

Also, i don't know what this is from, but if you go to the first video of the first LMM episode on youtube and look at the very begining before the episode starts, on the lower left part of the screen, there are muppet babies puppets there (its about 11 seconds into the video) looking into a tv.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That is more cool than anything!
  15. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Yes, that was totally Digit! I was so excited and wanted to play with him, but regretfully he was bolted down to the shelf!
  16. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Nice photo of JR. Grog!
  18. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

Darn, why do they keep the ubercool muppets away from us?
    (looks up to sky and yells): WHY!

that junior gorg was also cool, as was the garthem (sp).
  19. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

Wah! He's all decapitated! That's still REALLY awesome. I would love to get that close to my favourite Muppet. :) It's too bad they took him apart though. I wonder why, and I wonder what happened to the rest of him...
  20. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

That is awesome