Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

Redsonga

Reaction score
I want to get an old tape walkman just for old times sake :smile:. I always wanted one...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well there was that whole thing about Guns and Roses originally wanting a Robert Williams painting that had a metal rapist about to be punished by some odd looking metal avenger, when a girl on the cover too. But many refuse to sell the cd with that cover so the cover art was changed to the famous bandmates as skulls across a cross. Is that the one you have? Cause if so I image it's very rare
I dont think so...I mean, its got that image in it, but its sideways and takes up two pages.

heres the layout of the book

page 1 (which would normally be the cover page)-various pictures of the band
2-GNR logo with the guns and roses in the yellow circle
3-list of songs on cd
4-dedications
5-words to songs
6-top half of picture with avenger
7. bottom half of picture with lady
8-more song lyrics
9. More song lyrics
10. More song lyrics
11. group picture of band
12. Cross with skulls (this page is usally the back cover of the book)

but the cross is supposed to be the front artwork. why is it on the back cover and the multitude of pictures is on the front cover when I would imsgine it would be on the back

not sure if it matters but the date on the case is 1987

I have also tried folding the book in other ways. The way I bought the cd the book was folded with the logo on the front. But still that makes the book go in backwards. To get he cross on the front I need to put the book in with the open side to the left. I will try to get pictures if you think they would help

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I want to get an old tape walkman just for old times sake :smile:. I always wanted one...
I still have mine, hehe, and it still works fine, I listened to Green Day on it the other day, lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I always wanted a walk-man, but I had to settle for a disk-man.:smirk:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Speaking of 80's, I watched some Inspector Gadget cartoons last night on youtube. Gadget really is a bumbling clueless person er robot er person with robotic parts.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I miss Barkley on 80's SS..I know he is not gone but it feels like it :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching Bobby's World last night, it made me feel warm and fuzzy :smile:
Ahh! Bobby's World! I remember Bobby's World! I used to watch that before school of a mornings! Gotta love strolling down memory lane!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking of 80's, I watched some Inspector Gadget cartoons last night on youtube. Gadget really is a bumbling clueless person er robot er person with robotic parts.
He's both. he's basically a clumsy cyborg that's part Inspector Clousaeu (which is why they had to get rid of his moustache after the pilot) and part Maxwell Smart, hense why the eventually hired Don Adams to play him. originally Gary Owens was cast as Gadget, as was Jesse White. 3 versions of the Pilot were produced. one with Gary, another with Jesse, and one where they redubbed Gadget with Don Adams, to run as part of the TV show.

Sure enough tiny references to Get Smart crept in as the show got more developed. Like an episode featuring a Canine TV star named Fang the Wonder Dog.

I love the episodes animated by TMS. There were lots of Japanese studios that American Animation was outsourced to... but TMS had the most beautiful of the group. They did Gadget, Ducktales, galaxy High School, and in the 90's Tiny Toons and Animaniacs. They really made the cartoons look American, yet with a certain Japanese quality.

In fact, if you watch Lupin III and an episode of Gadget that they animated, you'll notice the same sort of movements. Esepcially when walking ahnd running.

DIC had some high quality shows back in the 80's. I especially loved Gadget, Heathcliff, Dennis the Menace, and the Super MArio bros Super Show.

In the 90's they made some awful crap... Double Dragon, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (though that could have been in 2000), stuff like that. And of course, they abandoned the Japanese studios, save for Ghostbusters, the first and second seasons of Captain N, and Alf. though, Ironically they did have TMS animate a few episodes of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (irony, since TMS animated the Sonic X show). And the animation of the other studios was terrible. Super MArio 3 had some terrible animation. Check out Misadventures in Baby sitting. Almost every line is off sync.