Muppet Central...return...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
1.) Beau, I whole-heartedly agree with you. ...I would continue about how much I agree, and which points I especially agree with, but then I'd just be repeating what you already said.
2.) I tend to be the kind of person who just sort of ignores the fact that problems exist, so I've been a little confused lately seeing all these "I've noticed a lot of fighting" posts. I figured I just wasn't noticing, because I haven't been around as much as I was during this past summer. But now that I've taken a moment to actually sit back and think about it... Yeah, something has changed. I still love this place, and I still come here every day, but honestly... Well, let me put it this way. My decision to join was based largely on two threads: "You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if..." and "Where do they keep the real Muppet puppets?" From reading those two threads, I learned some random Muppet trivia, I saw a lot of people having fun, and I laughed so hard it hurt. Lately, I've still been learning, I've still been having fun, and I've still been laughing... but not quite as much.
3.) Take a look at this thread. Look at us. Here we are, (right where we belong, the curtain's up and... I'll stop singing now.) all agreeing that we are here to discuss, enjoy, and celebrate the Muppets, to have fun and be crazy, and to support each other. (And by support each other, I'm refering to fanart, fanfic, random opinions, and general threads that go something like "my life stinks and I want a hug.") So if we're all here for about the same things, and we all agree that those are the things we're here for... Well, maybe I'm wrong, after all this is the first thread I've read today, but I have this funny feeling that we're already on the way to being "Together Again." ...Wait, I'm already TogetherAgain, how does that... Oh, right, I confused myself again. <holds up plate of fresh-baked muffins> Muffin, anyone?

Luke

Reaction score
Talking of returns, i'm gonna try and be around a lot more as from now - at least once daily if not more. I'm looking forward to a fun forum and also all the great things the Muppets have planned too. And if things get out of hand .... i fully support any rubber chicken thwackins that Kev finds neccasary!! :zany:

Nicely put Beau .. hope you're ok! Missed u guys!

Beebers

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
You're son's been very helpful to me Beebers!

I just wanted you to know that.

Thank you. He's a good man.

The "ignore posts" thing, there's truth in that but also a hazard. When one is participating in an online community, and it is a community exactly as is a real-people activity/social meet-up such as church, Scouts, afterschool stuff, etc. etc. etc., it's pretty much necessary to be aware of the social construct as it is in an actual-life situation. The Net has been around long enough now for people to see clearly the pitfalls of not exercising the same courtesies and restraints as one might (one hopes) in person in like situations.

If somebody is trolling/disrupting a site, and everyone puts on their "ignore" armor, thereby allowing by literal ignorance the poor social behavior to continue unchecked, that is not a healthy thing for the online community. The aggravated should be aware of it, and consider Moderators their friends in difficult situations which are influencing the community. In actual life, if someone were continually disrupting one's entire Scout or hobby meeting or Chorus rehearsal no doubt it would be difficult to "ignore" and it would in fact be incumbent upon the disrupted people to address the problem.

On the other hand, if someone is relatively benign on a messageboard, or is only a personal irritant to a few who will pop their gourds when reading their posts, then the "ignore" feature is indeed useful, and it's then the responsibility of the gourd-popper however justified to ignore them. For the sake of their own gourds if nothing else. Exactly as, Well Suzie Q really annoys me at my Scout meetings because she is a total ditz. But Suzie is not disrupting the meetings. She is only annoying someone, and not by device, only by personality trait. There is no sound reason for Suzie to leave the group.

Internet behavior only requires the same sets of behaviors and principles as we might apply in person-to-person encounters. It's pretty easy.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Luke said:
Talking of returns, i'm gonna try and be around a lot more as from now - at least once daily if not more. I'm looking forward to a fun forum and also all the great things the Muppets have planned too. And if things get out of hand .... i fully support any rubber chicken thwackins that Kev finds neccasary!! :zany:

Nicely put Beau .. hope you're ok! Missed u guys!
Luke..while you're at it, can you return to your penguin avatar? :zany: I miss that guy.

Beebers, Beth, Lisa, etc, thanks for your imput! Now, let's go out and do it!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beebers said:
That's my boy, FISH'n'WOLFE. (for new people, he's my son. really.
Really? Really for real? Not just the MopFam thing?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
i fully support any rubber chicken thwackins that Kev finds neccasary!! :zany: Missed u guys!
*unpacks Groucho the Rubber Chicken*

We miss you, too, Luke! Can't wait to see you around more!

Luke

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Luke..while you're at it, can you return to your penguin avatar? :zany: I miss that guy.
I would do, but unfortunately i reformatted my computer a few times since then and i don't think i have the avatar anymore. I'll have a look around on disks and things and see if i can find it.

Vibs

Reaction score
Beau, very very well written I must say - And true. I haven't been as much on here the last months as I used to. Hmmm, I guess the Gymnasie/Highschool is taking a lot of my time. But anyway, this thread is not about me hehe.

The reason I joined MC was mainly because Christy forced me... :stick_out_tongue:... um, and because I started watching the Muppet Show. And because a certain couple of twins had just been born and didn't have anyone to play them. And I soon found out that MC is more than just a forum (except that it really just is a forum). It is, like a home and... I found some of my best friends ever, on here. Which sounds unbelievable I know. But MC is so full of warmth and love (Umm, by that I don't mean as in an online dating service) - And that's why I like being around.

AND, like Beau said let's keep it that way. The world has enough wars and conflicts going on out there in real life.

And another thing, it really improves my english! (Yo, I'm a dane if anyone missed that fact. :wink: )

Loads of warmth and loving danishes
~Vibs.

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
*unpacks Groucho the Rubber Chicken*
*Waves at Groucho*

Y'know i think i'm gonna buy a replica "Billy The Psychic Rubber Chicken" and put him in one of those grand display cases. I hope it won't cheapen the integrity of the brand though! :eek:

Beebers

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Really? Really for real? Not just the MopFam thing?

rofl.

I assumed you knew that.

Yes, really LOL.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

are we in MopFam?????? *scratches head*