Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD?

dlphntat

Reaction score
From the DVDfile.com website

Back to the vaults - 1:34pm

Disney is once again raiding their vaults for what looks like every single catalog title from back in the 80's. Due on 9/3 is another wave of low-budget DVD quickies, all presented in widescreen with minimal extras (trailers only.) The lineup includes Indian Summer, Gross Anatomy, The War At Home, First Do No Harm, Prefontaine, Baby Secret of the Lost Legend, Aspen Extreme, Disorganized Crime, My Boyfriend's Back, Cabin Boy, Betsy's Wedding, Captain Ron, Puppet Masters, Swing Kids, the 1961 version of Babes in Toyland, Spaced Invaders, Heartbreak Hotel, Muppets Christmas Carol (full frame only), Washington Square, Celtic Pride, The Program, Mr. Destiny, and two real trilogies of terror, Ernest Saves Christmas, Ernest Goes to Camp and Ernest Scared Stupid, and Mighty Ducks 1, 2 and 3. Then on 10/8 comes even more fun, including Kazaam, the cannibal laugh-fest Alive, Billy Bathgate, Jungle 2 Jungle, Two Bits, Of Love and Shadows, and another terrifying trilogy, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Honey We Shruk Ourselves, and Honey I Blew Up the Kid. Retail is $19.95 each, and a Mighty Ducks 3-pack will also be available for only $29.95.

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but what the hey.

FER SURE

Reaction score
OMG

I cant believe it. YES YES YES! Indian Summer is one of my favorite movies. A few years ago someone stole my only copy. :mad: As it was out of print I have had to go without for something like 2 years now. I cant wait!!!!!!:big_grin: *dies of excitement* Oh yeah MCC is coming thats neat too.:

Gonzo

Reaction score
"FULL FRAME ONLY?????"

UGH.

Of course, I'll get it anyway, since my current version is also full frame, but it would be nice to have a DVD with the deluxe treatment. Hopefully this is good news for Muppet Treasure Island as well....

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

scarecroe

Reaction score
In this thread, they're talking about doing a petition against releasing just the pan&$caM only version on the DVD. I mean jeeze, if you gotta appease the soccer moms, at least present both versions like Columbia did with the classic three.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm not going to support that petition--I'd rather have SOMETHING on DVD than NOTHING, which is what happens sometimes on those petitions. And on the Palisades Muppet Show exclusives....

Quinnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am sure the film will be released either way. Such a petition just supports what version you would like. Personally, I won't buy some hideous cropped version of the film. I already have that version on tape. DVDs are for high quality collector’s editions and they are releasing a crummy kids version. Just tragic. Disney is counting on people who will buy their cheap version regardless of their poor treatment of it. I just can’t be a part of that this time.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
What is the MATTER with Disney???

I'm speechless. Absolutely speechless.

All of the other films are being released in widescreen. ALL of them. That includes Cabin Boy and other clunkers. Why on Earth would you go out of your way just to NOT do it on that one film?

I was going to buy MCC, but I have absolutely no intention of doing so if they don't make it widescreen.

Why is it that the Muppets can't catch a break on DVD?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We need to write them letters and especially bring our outrage to the attention of Chris Carey - the Mouse's exec who made the decision!

CraigD

Reaction score
For all you Americans angry over this, just hold out till the film is released in other regions. The majority of the time, Region 4 (Australia's region) has most film's released in widescreen. Although, this is starting to change with news that Harry Potter will only be released in Pan & Scan, which blows. Overseas, I believe this will be available in both versions. But this is mainly a problem with Warners Australia. They're getting extremely lazy, due to reasons such as this and also releasing some titles in the NTSC format, to save money and time transferring them to PAL.

Craig