Muppet Christmas Carol song?

Schala

Reaction score
I've been meaning to ask this for a while but have forgotten. This past Christmas I borrowed my friend's copy of Muppet Christmas Carol because I hadn't seen it in like *forever* and was the only one of the main movies I didn't own. Anyway, while I was watching it, I was shocked to find out that Bunsen does not sing his song! You see, even though I hadn't seen the movie, I had been listening to the songs from it. And one of those songs was Bunsen as the charity collector singing about how "anyone can change, Scrooge and so can you." Yet it wasn't in the movie. :frown: Does anyone know what this is from then?

Iggy35

Reaction score
I think it was just an extra song added to the album to fill it up probably! :smile:
Its been a while since I dug that album out, but I believe Sam also sang a song that wasn't in the film too,..or did i dream it?
Guess its just the same reason as why Gonzo never sang "I'm going to go back there someday" in Muppets From Space.

IGGY35

EmmyMik

Reaction score
It's on the soundtrack.

And Joggy knows how I feel about this song...

:stick_out_tongue:

scarecroe

Reaction score
I always assumed that it was a song that was just dropped from the final cut as it probably just didn't work with the flow of the film. Happens all the time.

I never thought of it as a bonus song done explicitly for the album the way you mean it, although I suppose it's not completely unheard of.

Anyone know fer sure?

Iggy35

Reaction score
Hmmmm never thought about it like that!
But surely, if it was dropped from the final cut..does that mean theres film somewhere of bunson singing it?
If so, surely it should be included in the upcoming DVD.
hehehe you never know!
Anyway, if thats the case..where was gonzo's song (IGTGBTSD) on the Muppets From Space dvd?
ITS A CONSPIRACY I'M TELLING YA!!!!!

IGGY35

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey Iggy,

I'm thinking there are two possibilities:
  1. Dave Goelz recorded it with the intention of filming the scene for inclusion into the film, but for whatever reason (someone thought it didn't quite fit in with the tone of the rest of the film, didn't have time to film it, whatever), it was never shot.
  2. The song was recorded and filmed, but ended up on the cutting room floor as scenes tend to do in post-prod.
If there's even only a half-finished scene of that song, I'd love to see it as a special feature on the DVD! Don't count on it though as reports thus far indicate that Disney is releasing it in pan&$caM which means that they're directing the release to soccer moms and will likely not have any bonus features.

Does anyone know for sure if that scene was filmed, or just recorded?

As for Gonzo's updated version of IGTGBTS in MFS, I would definately say that that was a song done explicitly for the album.

Ryan

Reaction score
Iggy-

Yes, Sam also sang "Chairman of the Board" which was not in the movie.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Iggy-

Originally posted by Scooter
Sam also sang "Chairman of the Board" which was not in the movie.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Hey Guys,
I am sure that when i went to the Premiere i saw Bunsen and Beaker sing "Room in your Heart" and Sam's "Chairman of the Board".

Did i just dream this or was it so ?

Mike would know because he was there aswell, Thats were i first met him !

See ya

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
I am sure that when i went to the Premiere i saw....
That would be very cool if you're right about that Warrick. Unfortunately we probably still won't ever get to see it as you can be sure Disney intends on a "No Frills" DVD release :mad: