Muppet Christmas Carol song?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

Yeah its a shame.

I hope i am remembering right and i did see it.

See ya

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
I saw a review in Variety, or somewhere, and one criticism that I remember is they called the songs by Paul Williams "repetitive" (or, if not that word, I got the impression they thought they all sounded similar. I remember that critisism, because I happen to agree.

I remember watching the movie when I got the video -- this was the first time I had seen the film in a while -- and I remember thinking that there were only a couple of songs in the film, and that they reprised them over and over, when the truth is that there are many songs in the movie, but they simply sound the same.

I do love the songs, and I have the soundtrack, but all too often, I will start singing one song, and somehow, I will find myself singing another song from the soundtrack about half-way through. A couple of the songs are similar musically.

What I'm getting to is this: The two songs that are on the soundtrack, but not the film, sound a lot alike, and they also have that "thing" which makes some of the other songs blend together in my mind. True, they just might not have been right for the film. But I think, had they been included, too many of the songs in the film would sound alike. It would make the audience feel like they were listening to the same song over and over.

Again, I love the music from the movie, but this is my opinion.

Scott

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

I think that Bunsen and Beakers "Room in your Heart" song would have gone into the movie nicely.

See ya