Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Morning Dee. Glad to see your felling better.

Grover: We'll I guess I'm on my way to work.

See yea Grover. Have a nice day.

Grover: You know I always do. *zips out the door*

So Cookie and Herry, whats are plan for today?

Cookie M: Eatting cookies!?

Herry: Lifting weights!?

You guys crack me up. Thats fine. If ya'll have something to do thats fine. I'm going to watch some "Top Cat" & "Fat Albert and the Cosby kids" on my DVD. If anyone wants to come over and watch some or bring some of their own I'll be condirted. Just drop by.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope you had a good day. Watched some football playoff games, and I worked on the display. Found that the end of the trumpet from my Lips figure has been bent slightly upwards though it hasn't broken yet which is always good, the not breaking that is. Consulted with some friends and they said it's OK like that anyway. So now the middle shelf with the Electric Mayhem and additional sketch all-stars is finished.
Count: "That's a total of 47 Muppet family members and 57 overall Muppets action figures!"
Yes, my friend, and tomorrow's the upper shelf with the main cast.

Well, sleep peacefully dormers and hope your dreams are blissful.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey guys, hope you had a good day. Watched some football playoff games, and I worked on the display. Found that the end of the trumpet from my Lips figure has been bent slightly upwards though it hasn't broken yet which is always good, the not breaking that is. Consulted with some friends and they said it's OK like that anyway. So now the middle shelf with the Electric Mayhem and additional sketch all-stars is finished.
Count: "That's a total of 47 Muppet family members and 57 overall Muppets action figures!"
Yes, my friend, and tomorrow's the upper shelf with the main cast.

Well, sleep peacefully dormers and hope your dreams are blissful.

Can't wait to see it Ed. You always do a great job on your displays. Still watching what I said a copule mintues ago. Good Night Ed and Count. Sweet Dreams and happying counting ya'll two.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Kyle, will have to show off the updated display after photographing the whole thing. There are some chocolate chip cookies in the common room fridge if CM wants any. Made a few batches today, enough to fill up a Ziploc baggie. The milk's on the top rack in the fridge, just make sure he cleans up after he's done.

Sleep well my little 1's, ah ha!
Yes Count, hope everyone has a good night's sleep.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Dee: Hey there Kyle.I'm not 100%,but chores like the laundry needed to get done,still have a couple more loads to do today. Can't wait to see your display
Count.I watched the Golden Globes last night,I'm happy Sideways won a few awards,Natalie Portman too & they had a very nice tribute to Robin Williams(he thanked Christopher Reeve at the end of his speech).

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Glad to see you all up and about today! Hey Dee, good to see you! Link and I are doing fine...we did some reminiscing last night by watching the John Cleese episode of TMS. We had watched Monty Python's The Meaning of Life a few days earlier and thought another round of Cleese would do us good.

Link: Plus, I like the sketch I did with him where he played a pirate.

Me: Yeah, that was cool. So, just another day, eh? I also have laundry going...we had a pile like Pike's Peak happening. I thought I was dying last night. I just knew I was going to wake up with a nasty fever. I had chills but was burning up at the same time. Went to bed at nine (which is very early for me) and woke up a quarter after five feeling groovy. It's going to be a good day. I hope everyone else's fares as well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Rye. Hope you and Link do well in your classes. Gonna be down in the ol' room working on a few things.

Didn't watch the awards last night, wasn't even aware they'd be on TV last night. But I'm intrigued by this tribute to Robin, after all he's my #1 fave comedian. Why you think I had a robin placed as one of the two crests as my partial emblem beast on my class ring? Yeah, he's the best.
Well, knock if you guys need anything.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Dee: Glad to hear you recovered from illness Ryan.Sounds like your a big fan of John Cleese.I like that episode too.I enjoyed his performance in A Fish Called Wanda & Faulty Towers. Hi Count,I've been a huge Robin Williams fan,ever since Mork and Mindy.At the tribute,Robin was very humbled;as he and his fellow audience members watched his movie/tv clips(such as Mork and Mindy,Good Will Hunting,Mrs. Doubtfire,Insomnia,Hook,Popeye).Pierce Brosnan was one of the presenters(was in Mrs. Doubtfire with Robin).Robin's wife Marsha & children(now young adults)were with him.I wish Garden State would've been recognized at the award show too.There weren't that many surprises to me.I just heard that The Aviator received mixed reviews,and that won a few awards,very interesting.I've always looked at the Golden Globes as the runner up awards to the Oscars.:smirk:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Robin Williams is cool. The most prominant image I get right now is his getup in Death to Smoochy.

As for John Cleese, I love that guy. He's the main reason I own Rat Race on DVD. I'd have to say that his most memorable performance was his cameo in The Great Muppet Caper.

I'm not usually into award shows. I can't stand all the broohaha over who's wearing what and all the gossip. I watch the Oscars when Billy Crystal or Steve Martin host because those guys are hilarious. Plus, the stars are usually at their best and often say off the wall stuff in their acceptance speeches. I would like to see Ray before I watch the Oscars just to see if Jamie Foxx is as good as everyone says. I would love it if Jim Carrey won for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...strange movie but excellent performances all around.
Here's who I would like to see win the big ones:
Best Actor: Jim Carrey-ESotSM
Best Actress: Kate Winslet-ESotSM
Best Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman-Million Dollar Baby
Best Supporting Actress: Natalie Portman-Closer
Best Director: Clint Eastwood-Million Dollar Baby
Best Picture: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Link: You mean Babe's not nominated?

Me: Sorry buddy, Babe didn't have a movie out last year. Maybe this year.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Dee: Hiya Link & Ryan. As far as Robin images,for some reason Toys always pops up first,then Garp(his early works). <had to think for a second about TGMC cameo> When John is at the dinner table eating,and Miss Piggy is crawling up the wall of the house(laughing).I used to be into the broo-ha of award shows too,now I mostly watch them to see if my picks matched the winners & to see clips of the movies.Here's my pick for Oscar's:

-Picture: ESOTSM/Sideways/Million Dollar Baby(I initially choose Garden State or ESOTSM,but don't think they will win,we'll see)
-Director-Clint Eastwood(I would like to see Zach Braff nominated for this too)
-Actor: Jamie Foxx(would like Zach Braff or Paul Giamatti too)
-Actress: Hilary Swank(Kate Winslet for ESOTSM and Robin Wright Penn for Home at the End of the World should get a looksy)
-Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman(Million Dollar Baby)(Clive Owen did very well too in Closer)
-Supporting Actress: Natalie Portman(Closer)
-Foreign film: Motorcycle Diaries
-Screenplay: Sideways
-Costumes: House of Flying Daggers or Phantom of the Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.