Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
*Taking some bowls of jambalaya-styled soup to Room #7 with sliced breadfruit tostones. *To Scooter: You mean mahi-mahi?
*Snowths pop up: Doo doo de doo doo.

Sorry, I couldn't resist a set-up like that. :stick_out_tongue:
Scooter: No, not the mahi-mahi - though I understand that's really good when it's grilled with lime and pepper.
Beige: So which fish is it?
Scooter: Um...it's humu-nuku...no, that's not it...
Erin: Hmmm...I read about that fish in one of the Magic School Bus books years ago. It's humuhumunuku...
Nora: I think there's another nuku, and then apua. No wait, it's apua'a.
Storyteller: All right, so the whole name of the fish is...(takes deep breath) humuhumunukunukuapua'a. (lets out breath)
Beige: Too many syllables for one fish. And what on earth does that name mean?
Scooter: I'm not sure what it means; I'd have to look it up again.
Erin: Well, in the book, one of the kids had made a sign saying "The name is longer than the fish."
Nora: Hmm...well, speaking of long names, you know there's that town in Wales called Llanfair PG...it's called Llanfair PG because the town's full name is at least 26 letters long.

Kiki

Reaction score
Don: (Outside of room 10) Knock-knock!

Katie: (Inside room 10) Uhh... don't come in!

Don: Are you decent?

Katie: *Hesitates* Umm, yeah, but... just don't come in!

Don: Come on now. I know you teenage girls need your space but it's my room too!

(No reply)

Don: Katherine? *Puts ear to the door* Are you okay in there? What on /earth/ are you doing? That's it, I'm-a coming in...! *Starts opening the door*

Katie: Don! *Rushes to the door* */Accidently/ slams Don's head in the door* AH!

Mick: *Enters the room, randomly playing his Gameboy* My God! Wo' the 'ell is 'appenin' in 'ere?

Katie: NUUUUUUUUUUUU! *voice goes alarmingly high* My... film! ;_;

Mick: Wo' sor' of ritual are yew doin' in 'ere, Ka'ie? Why's i' awl red?

Katie: It's called a dark room.. *still cross*

Mick: Hmm, dark room, 'ay...? And why do /you/ nee' a dark room? Uh-

Katie: *Rolls her eyes* FOR DEVALOPING MY FRIGGIN' FILM, M'KAYS? -sobsob-

Mick: Hmmm... I see...

Katie: ...Meaning you don't. -_-

Mick: Loo', I'm sure they 'ave a dark room somewhere in this join'. We'll just 'ave to find it, won't we? Bu' faw god's sake, clean this place up to how i' was before'and! Hmm, actuallay, per'apes you could keep the red ligh's. Good effect!

(Katie -still rather ticked off- and Mick wander out of the room, leaving Don on the floor, looking unconsciencious)

Don: X_X

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (shoots up from bed, frightened and breathing hard)

Spike: ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Cotterpin (whispers to Kelly): You okay?

Kelly (notices Cotterpin, tries to calm down): I ... I ... I just had a dream that I had a boyfriend --.

Cotterpin: Yep. Just a dream. *giggles*

Kelly (frowns): Right. Whatever. Anyway, he turned into a doozer and left me for another doozer.

Cotterpin (snickers): You don't say .... Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Kelly (still in shock): And then there was a snake and he chased my doozer boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, down a snake hole and ate him.

Cotterpin (still snickers, then pauses): O_O WHAT?

Spike (still in bed, half asleep): ZZZZZ ... heheh ... ZZZZZZZZ ....

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (on laptop): Hey ... I've SEEN that surgery itinerary before ... O_O

Cotterpin (stares at Spike as he still snores): His mouth's bigger than that dog's....

Kelly: Hey, Cotterpin, do me a favor -- do you have any doozer sticks lying around? I'd like to try some. *drools over the ketchup and mustard ones*

Cotterpin: Why don't YOU go get some?

Kelly: But I need a snack ... *pouts*

Cotterpin (completely immune to whining): THAT sounds like a PERSONAL problem.

Kelly: PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEE?

Cotterpin (frowns): I'm NOT your errand-girl!

Kelly (turns to Cotterpin): No, you're my roommate ... roommates are supposed to help each other. I've been teaching you computers. I've been getting your scooter repaired --.

Cotterpin: Hmph! You're the reason it's broken in the FIRST place!

Kelly (angrily): No, I'm NOT! YOU'RE the one who can't drive worth squat!

Cotterpin (cups hands over mouth): I FELL OFF OF A DOOZER BRIDGE!

Kelly (still angry): So? How's that MY problem?

Cotterpin (sighs exasperatedly): WHO PUT THAT HOLE IN THE WALL?

Kelly (points at Spike)

Cotterpin (rolls eyes): Buck-passer. *shakes head* Still, YOU'RE the one who invited him. So, you ARE the one at fault. I should sue. *giggles*

*long pause*

Kelly (goes back to typing): Cotterpin, we're friends, right?

Cotterpin: ... I guess so? You ARE strange, though.

Kelly: And Spike's a good friend, right?

Cotterpin (unsure): Uh ....

Kelly (sighs): And Cait, Digit, Waldo, Ed ... even Chamberlain ... they're cool, right?

Cotterpin: ...

Spike (now awake in bed): Can't you guys stay quiet? A male needs his beauty sleep, ya know.

Cotterpin (smacks his snout): Better get back to sleep then, pronto. *to Kelly* You know, we JUST met, right? You should still give it a chance.

Kelly (sighs)

Spike (rolls eyes, smirks): She could stay at Da Tavern on da Swamp. Not a lotta room, but you two don't exactly take up a lotta space anyway.

Kelly: No, I don't want to go to Pangaea, Spike. Too many unresolved issues there, what with Mizumi sticking her nose into everything. I'd like to avoid meeting her, if at all possible.

Spike (gets up and walks over to computer desk, patting the top of Kelly's head): Look, toots ... ya wanted us ... ya got us. Ya needed us ... we showed. Ya made new friends ... even the ugly ones ... but ya like dat sorta t'ing. So, what's wit' all da depression?

Kelly (shrugs): Mood swing?

Spike (running fingers through her hair): C'mon. Ya got da blues ... Howlin' J's da way ta go. You need ta club-hop ... get away from all dis stuff and hang out somewhere.

Kelly: I don't know --.

Spike (grabs crystal ball)

Kelly: Hey! Give that back!

Spike: Sorry, toots ... dis is for your own good ... *twists crystal ball in his hand* I wish we were somewhere we could PART-AY.

*all three roomies vanish into thin air*

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Boober: You're ordering from Barnes & Noble again? Didn't you just get something in the mail from them this week?
Kim: Yes, but my SCRIP order finally came in yesterday so I'm ordering that audiobook I wanted.
Boober: Why not just order it again from the library?
Kim: ...Because.
Boober: What?
Kim: On a different note, any of you guys coming to the Mary Todd Lincoln thing at the library tonight?
Gillis: I just may. It sounds rather fascinating.
Tosh: Mimzy and I are going to stay in and watch a movie.
Kim: Lemme guess...Pinocchio?
Tosh: Yup!
Kim: Boober? How 'bout you?
Boober: Laundry.
Kim: All right. Well, looks like it's just you and me, Maestro.

-Kim

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Nora: (listening to Kim) That reminds me. (pokes head into kitchen) Erin?
Erin: (up to wrists in raisin bread dough) What's up?
Nora: Library called a few minutes ago; your BCCLS request came in.
Erin: Nice...let me get these loaves on to rise and I'll go pick it up. (punches dough, shapes it into loaves and puts them into loaf pans)
Scooter: So how's everything down at the bookshop?
Nora: Unexciting until 2 p.m., when Mr. Farley came by to visit.
Scooter: Oh, no, did he have his salamander cage with him again?
Beige: (wandering in from Fraggle hole) Evening, silly creatures. (sniffs air) Mmm...cinnamon, sugar...
Storyteller: (inside hut) Beige, stay away from that bread until it's been baked. Now, has anyone seen my Uplifting Tales and Legends?
Beige: Yeah...best insomnia cure I ever read.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*Kelly, Cotterpin, and Spike poof back into room 2, all of them still smoldering*

Cotterpin (glancing at soot on her skin, sticking out her tongue): Well, THAT necessitates lifelong psychoanalysis.

Spike (carrying Cotterpin and putting her on his record player, smiling): Yeah, I ain't had dat good o' time in awhile.

Kelly (shudders): Oh, yeah ... nearly getting burned to death just screams all KINDS of fun.

Spike (chuckling, to Kelly): Hey, admit it ... dey know how ta have a good time. An' dey ain't got nuttin' at all. It's free, too.

Cotterpin (shaking her head): You definitely get what you pay for .... Yuck.

Kiki

Reaction score
Mick: Ah, you've finally finished cleaning up the room, 'ay Kate?

Katie: I'll finish cleaning you up in a minute

Mick: *Raises an eyebrow* Uh... aw'ight then...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (absurdly hears dramatic music cue and begins the whole thing): To protect the world from devastation!

Spike (rolls eyes): Here we go ...

Kelly (bopping along): To unite all people's within our nation! To denounce the evils of truth and love!

Cotterpin: O_O Since when is truth and love evil?

Spike: Since Kel's mind went kaput.

Kelly: To extend our reach to the stars above! Team Rocket -- blasting off at the speed of light!

Spike: Bettah shut up -- or you'll see dat I bite!

Cotterpin: Yeah, that's right!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (puts some barettes in her hair, pulls out room 2 key, holding it in her hands): Oh, key of Clow! Power of magic! Power of light! Surrender the wand -- the force ignite!

Spike (shakes head): Dat's it -- I'm findin' da jerk dat put dis nonsense in her head. *begins to leave*

Cotterpin: Hey! Wait! Don't leave me with this crazy woman!

Spike: Okay. *grabs Cotterpin and leaves down the hall, spotting everyone around room 10*

Status
Not open for further replies.