1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Convention

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by beakerboy12, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

And we're gonna have to write to Disney anyways per copyright reasons.
  2. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I was just about to say we should have a poll to decide the place and date, when I saw your post! (I'm never quick enough:))

Your research idea is great!

Personally I would like to see it happen in Maryland or Greenville or the nearby Leland (Birth-place of Kermit the Frog).

I think it would be nice to have it on Jim's birthday.
  3. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I still think we should have a couple options open...if we do a poll take the two or three top choices so we can find out which is open to hosting this convention...these smaller cities might even offer to cover some of the costs if they see this as something benificial to the city. Even if we take a poll and only write to the top choice we can still write to the others as back up if the first place says they don't want this. I think I'm rambling again..sorry :(
  4. DannyRWW

anyways..yeah lets get a poll going...so we've heard: New York, Greenville, Mississippi, Atlanta, Chicago, Maryland (where again?)... was there anywhere else. So can some put up a poll from those?
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Those places sound good to me.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I agree. Should I make a poll on a different thread?

panmanthe2nd and DannyRWW like this.
  7. DannyRWW

Sounds good to me
  8. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

I think that's a good idea. Clean slate.
  9. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Sounds good to me too!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  10. Muppet fan 123

11. DannyRWW

12. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

I wanted so badly to go to Muppetfest back in 2001 but due to money I wasn't able to go. Ten years later, I still would have the issue thanks to the economy the way it is. If they ever had another one, it would most likely be in LA or NYC. It would be fun (and awesome) if we could have more than one convention thru out the year and host them in different cities in the US, UK, and Europe. That way we could all enjoy them and not have to break our bank accounts to get there. Comic-Con has several in a year, I think us Muppet fans could pull off the same thing, mainly because we rule. :)
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  13. DannyRWW

Check out the second thread Muppetguy...we've moved on quite a bit with our planning but your welcome to join in there
  14. countlover12345

countlover12345 New Member

you should do it in Manhattan because Muppet's had a movie there just putting it out there
  15. DannyRWW

We've pretty much decided to have it in Greenville Mississippi (at this point)...most of our conversation has moved into the 2nd thread.....we also have a website now.
  16. Muppet fan 123