1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Convention

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by beakerboy12, Apr 24, 2012.

1. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

So start planning for -next- year!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Is there a possibility of doing it this summer?
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The one I know of would be at the University of Maryland.
  4. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I believe that's the one but like it was said that we can plan this for next year. That way, we can get more people. It doesn't have to be rushed or anything, people can plan their vacation dates around this and we have time to plan something spectacular instead of something that was done at the last minute.

Daniel
    Muppet fan 123 and bandit like this.
  5. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

*pounds gavel* Here here! I concur. An excellent plan, Daniel.
    Besides, once the plan is in motion, you'll be able to generate a heck of alot more buzz with a year of promoting behind it.
    What would really be great is if it could coincide with the next movie. Ooo!
  6. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Why not? Maybe if we swing it by the people who make the movie, we can have a convention that also has a special sneak preview of the movie, or at the very least the first so many minutes of it. Kind of wet our appetites for it. I know that's too much to ask, but it sounded good didn't it?

Daniel
    bandit likes this.
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Hah! You bet it did! Well, if you aim high, at least you can safely land comfortably somewhere in the middle.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'd like to help in some way as well. And yes that statue is from the University of Maryland. I live here and have never seen it before. I was thinking of making a trip there sometime this month since his death date is coming up. He went to high school here as well very proud to live here because of him.

Not to derail the conversation but were gonna make a special thread on that day so people can maybe put up their favorite pictures, videos, or what not of Jim Henson it's gonna be a celebration of his life because we know Jim would not want us to talk about sad things despite we all miss him so much. I already have a video made to post here when the time comes. :jim: :)
  9. Pinkflower7783

I think we need to make sure it's the Jim Henson convention you need to have variety not just muppets. Otherwise could be a turn off for people. I mean people like other works of Jim's besides Muppets. I mean personally I'd be all for for just a muppet convention but gotta think in terms of everyones taste.
  10. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

So lets call it HensonCon?
  11. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Then hip people can refer to it as HenCon
  12. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

HAHAH! I was about to say that! HenCon!
    I agree though. It would have to be an UPbeat event. No one wants to drive hundreds of miles to sit around at a weekend long emptying tissue box after tissue box to soak up their oceans of tears.
    So whenever we DO do it, lets be sure it's a ---*incoming cliche* 'Celebration of life' rather than harping on the fact he's gone. His work lives on! His fandom lives on. THAT'S the focus.
  13. Borples

Borples Active Member

Bawk bawk BAWK! :cluck:
  14. Pinkflower7783

Ya think if we play "we built this city" something magical will happen? :p
    Lola p and bandit like this.
  15. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

YEAH! That and Doooooon't stop beliiiievin'!
  16. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Oh...I want to go!!! Why don't I live in the US?

I'll have to run a UK HenCon!
  17. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Wow and I thought living in Delaware had it sad. Hopefully you can.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  18. Pinkflower7783

We need to get one off the ground first so dont start singing "Life's a happy song" just yet. Lol.
    panmanthe2nd and Hayley B like this.
  19. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Or we could also do his birthday, what with it being a celebration of his life and all. We can get some sort of fancy birthday cakes for him and Steve too!
    :)
  20. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

ok, if this does happen, i am totaly in!