1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Convention

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by beakerboy12, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Hi Bob! Lol
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  2. Borples

Borples Active Member

I . . . just had this mental image of somebody renting a big, tacky bus in Florida, and then driving up the coast, picking up fans as it went along. And everybody sings Movin' Right Along all the way to New York (or wherever).

If y'all are serious about this, you might want to try to involve a fan who has been in contact with some of the performers. Or maybe try contacting Bill or Matt on Twitter. They couldn't be much direct help, I suppose, but maybe they could point you to the right people at Disney, etc, to contact.
    panmanthe2nd, DannyRWW and bandit like this.
  3. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

This is a fantastic idea! I doubt I'll be able to participate, but to those who can, I say do it!
  4. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

I'M IN! WOOHOO! LoL
  5. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

If I could. I would be in too.
  6. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Hey, I've had that party bus idea in my head for a long time!
    :excited:
    I would love to see it as a fan run thing. No need to get crazy with Disney, Etc. Heck, I'd be happy with just a big barbecue in a park somewhere where we all just sang muppet songs and told bad jokes!
    :o
    Seriously though, if we got other professional people involved it'd be cool, but just a big old fan get together would be awesome too!
    bandit, BobThePizzaBoy and Hayley B like this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Can we some how meet in the middle in terms of location? Lol!!!
  8. Friskies

Friskies Member

So, it has been a while since I've posted (i'm wayyy more of a lurker), but then I saw this and i have to say, that would be awesome!

I recently just got back from an anime convention, and I had a lot of muppety goodness there! I Think there would be much more people interested than you know.

The convention I went to was Anime Central, which is located in chicago and is the largest midwest anime con. Now keep that in mind, I went there dressed as mad moxxi from borderlands (a non anime character) and Tex Richman with an Uncle Deadly plush.

Sooooooo many people recognized me and even complimented me for having such an obscure muppet. It was so great! I had people asking for my pic and even coming up to me saying they were HUGE muppet fans and let me know their own favorite muppets. Some even asked if I would be bringing him back because they were wanting to do some muppet costumes themselves! I also had several people asking if I could do chris coopers rap, which i promptly did and they got much enjoyment out of it.

Then in the dealers room I found a couple people selling muppet art, and instantly said they were wanting to draw uncle deadly and more muppets. Soooooo....yeah, again, it makes me incredibly happy how many muppet fans there are out there!

on a side note....

KILL DEADLY!

[​IMG]
  9. Pinkflower7783

I think we're on the right track everyone! Just gotta get something going!
  10. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Right! Once we have it more fleshed out, we can start delegating tasks. Teams for this that and the other.
  11. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Now see we could travel by Map or do this by montage and then everyone can come
  12. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Great idea! :)
  13. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Bwahaha! Genius!
  14. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Seriously though. I think the best thing to do is pick a date, find a place to host it. Invite vendors. Now it would be nice for all the dealers to be selling muppet stuff, but maybe you can find people who sell some muppet stuff but might sell other memrobelia. Anyways charge a fee for vendors and that will help cover some costs. After you have a reasonable date you can start inviting celebrities (puppeteers etc;) Might be hard to get a lot of Henson people at first but maybe some other puppeteers that have worked on Muppet or Muppet typr productions. Anyways you can also invite people to teach Puppet making etc;. There are a lot of people on here who do a great job with that. All the people who who run these wonderful fan sites would probably be able to do great panels. The thing is this will probably start small...but when you can show people it works it will grow. DOn't expect a lot of big name people the first year or so...but when you show people this can work....well if you build it they will come.......sorry I'm just rambling again
    Pinkflower7783 and bandit like this.
  15. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not expecting any big name people, so if they come it would just be an added bonus as far as I'm concerned!
    :)

Then we've gotta include food venders. Whenever you get a large group of people together, it's a good idea to feed them.
    :insatiable:

Funny how periodically this topic comes up and we talk about having some sort of large-scale muppet party. One of these days it will happen!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  16. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Well you know, it's really not so far fetched. If you just want a gathering of Muppet enthusiasts then you could definitely pull it off. Let it grow from there. I like pretty much all the ideas I've heard here.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  17. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I just had an idea, if we had this Muppet Convention, why don't we have this in Jim Henson's birthplace/hometown OR where the Jim Henson statue is? It would be cool to visit the place that gave us the man who created the Muppets. If one of us finds a place, we should contact the city to see if we can get them on board to promote something like this. Instead of just us coming together randomly in one place, make it something special.

Daniel
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm in on any idea. I'm always tring to get to those Toughpigs Muppet vaults. If it's in NY I'm definatley there. It's only about six hours from where I live and this is a big occasion. I'm in.
    All right. If we really wanna do this we gotta get serious. I seriously want a Muppet convention. There hasn't been one since MuppetFest in 2001. Something like that would be amazing. Though the problem is is that all the productions are under different companies. So it'll make it harder, especially with Disney. But seeing all the Muppets and Fraggles and Sesame Street Muppets together at Carnagie Hall, there's a possibility. I'll try to figure out how to email someone at Henson, Sesame Workshop and Disney.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

That is a great idea. Although the problem is.. Jim passed away on May 16th. There's not really enough days to plan it. (Bummer).
    (P.S. Where is the Henson statue?)
    bandit likes this.
  20. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Another great idea! I think the randomness of the location has to do with how scattered we all are across this chunk of rock. Still, that's sweet!