Muppet Crossovers

rexcrk

Reaction score
Clifford was also in "Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" and "Muppet Sing-A-Longs: It's Not Easy Bein' Green". I remember when I first saw Muppets From Space I was like "Hey! That's the guy from Sing A Longs!" when I saw Clifford. LOL!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
According to Kermitage.com, there was a character called "Food" who appeared on an episode of Saturday Night Live with the Land of Gorch characters (Ploobis' Christmas Party), an eisode of The Muppet Show (Andie Williams) and an episode of Fraggle Rock.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I watched some of It's a very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie the other day, and I finally saw the poster of Clifford. It's at the start of the movie, when Kermit and Fozzie and Gonzo are talking in the corner near a bulletin board and they're discussing plans for their big Christmas production. (This is after Daniel has started showing Kermit's flashback) You can see a picture of Johnny Fiama and Sal as well as one of Clifford right below it.

:smile: :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Another Fraggle Rock character in Muppet Treasure Island would be Mudwell the Mudbunny from the episode "Gone, But Not Forgotten". In MTI, he played the pirate who sang the line from Cabin Fever:

"Manly men are weee!"

He also did that classic bit:

"Tom, tom, tom! Dead Tom's dead! Long John shot him!"
"But, but, but Dead Tom's always been dead. That's why he was called 'Dead Tom'."
"Oh."

rexcrk

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Another Fraggle Rock character in Muppet Treasure Island would be Mudwell the Mudbunny from the episode "Gone, But Not Forgotten". In MTI, he played the pirate who sang the line from Cabin Fever:

"Manly men are weee!"

He also did that classic bit:

"Tom, tom, tom! Dead Tom's dead! Long John shot him!"
"But, but, but Dead Tom's always been dead. That's why he was called 'Dead Tom'."
"Oh."

He's a Fraggle Rock character?! I didn't know that. That's cool! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well, here's the deal.

1 Clifford didn't appear persay in the new Christmas movie, it was a poster depicting Clifford in the background on one of the walls of the Muppet Theater. At least, that's what the majority of the posters here in the forum have said. Can't confirm this myself due to my blindness.

I assure you. her is on a promotional 8x10 B&W photo in a dressing room, and you can only see it briefly.

Anyway, Since Cliff was in The Muppets at Disney World, I'm going to say that they toyed around with the idea of having Clifford in the Muppet Cast (Much like Pepe the prawn is a memeber now), but somehow the character was retired, or a part wasn't written for him, or something (I think it's because Kevin Clash is Busy with Elmo, but I doubt it). So I don't count that as a crossover, personally!

CousinLuke

Reaction score
Yes, I'd consider Clifford a sort-of crossover Muppet character. At least, if you go to my "Muppet Listings 8.0" thread, you'll find Clifford listed with both a JHH and MT designations.

Although I can not tell you for sure (I don't remember the show because I was too young), wasn't clifford seen in TJHH in the Muppets segments? Why does that not make him a normal muppets. To call him a cross-over is like calling a near weakly segment of TJHH a cross-over. TJHH was a collection of shows lumped together. Clifford was in the muppet one. I don't know if he has been retired, but I would immagine that he is hard to write for. I can not remember any quirk that he had in MT, so that might be why he hasn;t appeared on the show.