Muppet Family Christmas OR Very Muppet Christmas?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Which special do you prefer?Though it was neat to see the Muppet Theatre for the first time in exactly 21 years,I found the storyline of A Very Muppet Christmas Movie kind of depressing.The ending,though happy,left you wondering whether the muppets would win against Betty Butterfield,and be able to sustain their ownership of the theatre,in the years to follow.I think I like 1988's Muppet Family Christmas better.It was a lot happier.But the best part of this special for me,was seeing Classic Muppets together with the SS muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like A Muppet Family Christmas better. Unlike the other one, this one has the cast of Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock, and it also has Lips, Fozzie's Mom, and Marvin Suggs, while the other one doesn't. Though the christmas movie does have Pepe, which is a plus.

BEAR

Reaction score
I like Muppet Family Christmas. You can't go wrong with it. Plus, it is the one time you see all 3 main groups come together (Muppets, Sesame, Fraggle). Its all in the title. They truly celebrate being one big extended family. It has a lot of warmth in it that doesn't come with the recent movie. Plus, Jim Henson's cameo at the end! WHat better way to end it?

Jim: It certainly looks like they're having a good time out there, Sprocket. Yeah, I like it when they have a good time

You could see the joy on his own face watching ALL of his little (or in the Bird's case, big) friends play together.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas all the way! It has everybody in it, great music and makes you feel like you're part of the Muppet family. Plus it ends with an appearance by Jim Henson nothing can beat that. MFC is so special and in my opinion no matter how good a new movie may be nothing will ever beat MFC.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have always LOVED MFC! But, I did enjoy IAVMMCM too. But, like everyone else, I like how MFC brought together all types of Muppet characters, it had great running gags (Watch out for the icy patch!), good music and of course, Jim Henson. I find myself feeling a little sad when I watch it because I think it might of been one of the last things he did, but at the same time it's a great way to keep his spirit alive.

BEAR

Reaction score
And to add to what I have already said, I would love MFC even MORE if I had the unedited version, but that's okay. i barely remember the cut scenes anyway, but whenever I listen to the song by Fozzie and Snowman I feel like I am missing something great. In any case, it is still the best Muppet Holiday Creation EVER!!!

golden teeth

Reaction score
MFC and IaVMMCM are two different things.

MFC was a 45 minutes special, which I enjoyed a lot! I loved that The Chef was going to kill Big Bird. I loved that the Turkey was stealing Camilla from Gonzo. I loved the Electric Mayhem's Jimgle Bell rock. I loved the fraggles and Muppets. Now, my only complaint was the human in it(the guy that was living with Fozzie's mom) was kind of a bad actor.

IaVMMCM is a 21st century 88 minute film that satires a lot.

I'll go with MFC.

BEAR

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
MFC and IaVMMCM are two different things.

MFC was a 45 minutes special, which I enjoyed a lot! I loved that The Chef was going to kill Big Bird. I loved that the Turkey was stealing Camilla from Gonzo. I loved the Electric Mayhem's Jimgle Bell rock. I loved the fraggles and Muppets. Now, my only complaint was the human in it(the guy that was living with Fozzie's mom) was kind of a bad actor.

IaVMMCM is a 21st century 88 minute film that satires a lot.

I'll go with MFC.
The "guy" was Doc and he is from Fraggle Rock. He didn't live with Fozzie's mom, he was renting out the place for Christmas. And as far as his acting goes, I think it was fine for this particular show. Doc was always great! Hope this helps.

PS--you loved that Chef was going to kill Big Bird? How sad...:cry:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Gotta agree with the majority here and go with MFC. It was one of the last projects Jim worked on. And we're probably never going to see all 3 groups come together like that again. It was great how they managed to tie them all in together like that. It sucks that they have yet to be able to release an unedited version on DVD, but I still have my VHS copy from it's original airing, so that will do fine for now.