Muppet Family Christmas OR Very Muppet Christmas?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas. I love seeing the Electric Mayhem rock!

Plus it has a lot of good one lines from different characters.

ryan

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
There are a lot of Sesame Street characters who were fairly major at the time of this special who weren't in it, even though their performers were. Characters like The Amazing Mumford, Fat Blue, Placedo Flamingo, Gladys The Cow, and Don Music.
And Snuffleupagus wasn't in it either, even though by that time he had been visible to all the SS cast for two years before then. Maybe he was just too big to be on the set.

golden teeth

Reaction score
Most of the characters had lines though. Guy Smiley, the Newsman, Beuregard and even Lips had lines.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I've never seen A Muppet Family Christmas before, but I've heard it's good. I didn't like It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie too much...it didn't seem to have the feel of a good family-friendly Muppet movie. That one got WA-A-A-A-Y to edgy as far as Muppet movies are concerned. And plus, that scene in "The Dot"...:eek: were my eyes playing tricks on me, or was Scooter in a thong?!
I just watched IAVMMC on my DVD about 20 mins ago. I actually decided to slow down during that 3-4 second bit. He's got ear pircings and a lip ring, a black tanktop that looks sheer, and black nailpolish on his fingernails. But no, he's not wearing a thong. But...for a muppet, it's just about as bad.

He's wearing VERY TIGHT "boyshorts", I think they're called. Not briefs but just close enough to it. Like super short biking shorts actually.

(I swear if he was human, and not a muppet, you could see his...um, well his "package" :smirk: )

BEAR

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
(I swear if he was human, and not a muppet, you could see his...um, well his "package" :smirk: )

Whoa there!!:eek:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Prarie would have been a more appropiate choice for being in charge of the pageant than Ernie and Bert. Even if Martin Robinson wasn't there, Telly could have still been there without lines.

I'm guessing that Fran Brill, Martin P. Robinson, and Kevin Clash didn't perform in the special. David Rudman was the only credited performer who didn't perform any voices, and I think that Brill, Robinson, and Clash were more prominant performers than Rudman was at the time. They would have probably been credited whetehr they performed voices or not.
I didn't even think about Fran or Kevin. I think Kevin did play Elmo at the time, but since he didn't say anything it's possible Kevin might not have been there. Rudman probably performed additional characters when two characters with the same puppateer were in the same scene. (Ex: Bert and Grover; The Count and Robin)

MWoO

Reaction score
AVMMC and MFC are simply two different animals. You can not compare them. The only real similarity is that they take place at christmas. MFC went for the happy go lucky old time christmas special while AVMMC was like a real movie with a real story.

Both are great in their own right.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I liked IAVMMCM, because I like to put background stories to things, to tie everything together, I liked that this movie was set in the theatre, which ties the movie back the muppet show.

I've tried to think of the muppets as a big company with Kermit as the CEO and then there are 2 VPs and different departments and everyone works in a different department, and I've also come up with an explanation for the muppets getting older, in my idea, they do get older, and that most of them are in their 50s and 60s by now, but they eat healthy and stay in shape, so they look younger as for the hair, they might die it or maybe it stays the same color