Muppet Family Christmas

jusnic

Reaction score
I have some great news guys, A Muppet Family Christmas is available on DVD in Holland and I think it's unedited! One of my friends knows I'm a big Muppets fan and she sent it to me as a surprise. It has the scene with the Muppet Babies and Piggy slipping on the ice as she enters the farmhouse. You don't have to worry about not being able to speak Dutch because it plays in English automatically, although it will only play on region 2 or multi region players.

Is it wrong to watch a Christmas special in July?:wink:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing! That's one of my favorites. Actually, I think most of my favorite Muppet specials are the Christmas ones.

savagemonkey

Reaction score
Is it wrong to watch a Christmas special in July?:wink:[/quote]

i always watch the muppet christmas movies all through the year nothin wrong with it at all! a good movie is a good movies no matter what time of year you watch it! :big_grin:

monkey

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Christmas in July, also Holiday in July in the United States, is an unofficial holiday celebrated by some people (mostly young people) and/or exploited as a marketing opportunity."

So...no, you're allowed. :stick_out_tongue:

Did your copy of the DVD also contain The Christmas Toy? I managed to get hold of a copy from Amazon a few years ago, unedited, because European copyright laws differ slightly from those of the USA.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I have the UK release from a few years back which seems unedited (I think). I wonder why copyright for the same piece of material differs from country to country. The even edited Fozzie's comedy routine from the US version. Did that have copyright problems too?

Beauregard

Reaction score
No...I think that was edited because without the original Fozzie/Snowman song, it made no sense for him to suddenly turn up inside with a Snowman sidekick.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I have the UK release from a few years back which seems unedited (I think). I wonder why copyright for the same piece of material differs from country to country. The even edited Fozzie's comedy routine from the US version. Did that have copyright problems too?

I bought the UK version as well.. it's not unedited, but it's close.. it's missing the scene (about 5-6 seconds long) where Fozzie and his mom hang their stockings

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I don't remember that scene. I have it on original video or DVD about 5 times, all different releases. I still find some of the edits confusing. Why edit Fozzie and his mother hanging stockings?