Muppet Family Christmas

Beauregard

Reaction score
As I recall...taht edit was a time-issue. I've never seen a release with the stocking hanging...interesting....

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
They deleted 10 seconds for time? What's with these companies that can't leave things alone? It's bad enough deleting because they can't get permission to include a song or sketch but deleting for time is ridiculous, especially when it's on DVD or video.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
My absolute favorite Muppet production ever is A Muppet Family Christmas. If I owned it, I would watch it year 'round.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I loved the mid-80's stuff the Muppets did. Especially when they mixed with Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock. It was really strange to see Kermit and Robin talking to Gobo. It was kinda like the Jetsons meet the Flintstones. You knew it shouldn't really happen but it was kinda exciting. I wish I was a kid again.

Did you know that 2 songs from MFC were commercially released on a kids Christmas compilation CD? We Need A Little Christmas and Jingle Bell Rock.

anathema

Reaction score
They deleted 10 seconds for time? What's with these companies that can't leave things alone? It's bad enough deleting because they can't get permission to include a song or sketch but deleting for time is ridiculous, especially when it's on DVD or video.
They didn't. The scene was removed around 1988, most probably for a TV airing. This version of the show is the one that's been aired ever since, and is the only version released on any form of home video. It was further edited for the US VHS/DVD releases as several of the songs could not be cleared for use; the Fozzie/Snowman comedy routine is intact.

See here.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
So it's only the edited-for-TV print of that show they have left? It reminds me of when they bought ALF to DVD. All the episodes were released in their cut, syndicated versions.

anathema

Reaction score
So it's only the edited-for-TV print of that show they have left? It reminds me of when they bought ALF to DVD. All the episodes were released in their cut, syndicated versions.
I doubt it, but the re-edited version is probably regarded as the "official" version now.

zns

Reaction score
It's great to know that they released some unedited parts on the set. I hope that they also release "The Great Santa Clause Switch". But then again, the Ed Sullivan company owns that special.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's great to know that they released some unedited parts on the set. I hope that they also release "The Great Santa Clause Switch". But then again, the Ed Sullivan company owns that special.
Sheesh...is there no end to the chopping apart of our beloved company's productions?

I'm glad that they managed to release a (pretty much) uncut version of the movie on R2 dvd, but I can't help but wonder if we'll ever see the Celebration of 30 Years hit DVD now that the companies are so drawn apart. It's a pity.