Muppet Family Christmas

beaker

Reaction score
OK, I'm watching my new VHS of Muppet Family Christmas right now!
Wait, are you referring to the 1998 official vhs release? I think thats the same edit as the 2001 dvd? I'd have to check. But yeah I rarely have a Christmas without seeing it^_^

I don't quite get the "it's cold enough to freeze your winebago" running gag.
One of my favorite lines, next to the icy patch running gag. To this day I still use the freeze your winnebego off line

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wait, are you referring to the 1998 official vhs release? I think thats the same edit as the 2001 dvd? I'd have to check. But yeah I rarely have a Christmas without seeing it^_^
Well this one says 1995, and it does have the annoying edits but it is better than nothing, hehe.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well this one says 1995, and it does have the annoying edits but it is better than nothing, hehe.
It was released on video in 1995 and 1998, the DVD in 2001. I assume both VHS releases have the same edits.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I feel there could be some way that all parties could be involved somehow. If the fans speak loud enough... Disney might be able to pull some strings. I hope?
Yeah, it would be so nice if Disney could get Fraggle Rock especially. Then, as I like to say, the Fraggles would be in good hands. There could even be the possibility of a Fraggle Rock movie if Disney bought the Fraggles!:excited:

I love this special. One of the few times we see Muppets from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock and even Muppet Babies be together for the holidays like this. I always love the part where Kermit and Robin meet the Fraggle Five for the first time and Jim's cameo at the end. Certainly one of the best Muppet specials there is.
Me too, me too.

Hubert

Reaction score
This will never be released, ever, in its full original 1987 broadcast form so torrent or cruddy old vhs from the time of broadcast is going to be the way to go. I own the 2001 dvd release and the 1998 vhs release, but prefer to watch a dvdr of the uncut version
Wait, it was released in 2001 on DVD???????????? Huh, never knew that.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I don't plan to buy it because of what they cut in it so until then I'm watching YouTube.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
OK Part 2!

How dated that Piggy has to find a payphone to contact Kermit, lol.

How could Fozzie have been completely unaware that his mother was friends with Statler and Waldorf? I mean it seems like the kind of thing they'd love to taunt him with! Lol

Doc: "Well we didn't know any of you a little while ago, and now we're friends!" I love this sort of hippie aspect to the Muppets that was all about different kinds of people with nothing in common becoming friends. It's something that's become pretty cliche now, but back in the day it was so new and optimistic. :smile:

My Dad has the same fur hat as Doc, lol.

I like that they bring the Snowman back just to show he didn't melt, lol.

I love how Robin shakes his head at being accused of being a noted germ carrier, lol.

Wow...Oscar is talking about Miss Piggy...this special is truly BEYOND EPIC!!! Lol :grouchy::mad:

Anyone else ever feel comforted by Richard Hunt as the Snowman singing, "Sing the sad of heart to cheer"? :: sniff :: : )

Miss Piggy is brilliant in the mink scene, lol.

Aw, Kermit kissed Piggy. The perfect ending. :smile:
I liked when they sat together on the sofa holding hands. :big_grin:

Hubert

Reaction score