Muppet fic: Once in a Lifetime

Slackbot

Reaction score
Cool, somebody read this. I hope it didn't come across as preachy. I actually had all of this planned well before certain recent legislation hit the news, so he's not commenting specifically on Arizona and Ohio and, sadly, my home state of Georgia.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I don't think it's preachy. Well, maybe a smidge, but it mostly comes across as Scooter being Scooter (at least in the line of your ficverse). And positive messages are what the Muppets are about. So I say you dun writ good there. It's an important subject and I like the way it was handled herein.

Vicki: Should we file this story sir?
Not yet, it's still unfinished. Let's see how the rest of it develops.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, well, an "it gets better" video has to be at least a little didactic if it's to be effective. I hope I kept it "in voice." Part of it came straight out of my life.

It'll go live later that day. Where will the fallout begin? Place yer bets!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
When it comes to betting, I always bet on black. Hasn't let me down yet, this year it'll be 22 Black.
UD: Yes, we're spooking forward to it.
:batty: That's fright, ve started the countdown yesterday vith 40 Blocks From My Home. Tonight... *Spots the 39 on his cauldron coffee pot. It's That Old Black Magic that you weave so vell!

Huh? Sorry, got carried away there for a moment with my upcoming vacay. Please continue the fic when possible.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Why? Why Mup Cen do you not tell me when this gets posted? Y U NO TELL ME!?

I sorta saw the confessional from Scooter, but was pleasantly surprised that you made it into a 'it gets better' video. Truthfully, I haven't like a lot of those (cause they do seem a bit preachy or commercialized), but I like Scooter's personal take - he's a celebrity, but he's someone who is speaking from the heart about being gay and being afraid of telling friends and family.

Another thumbs up for Piggy, especially allowing the poking fun at her by the girls. I do like your Piggy - the tough of nails on the outside, soft inside; that has always been the Piggy I've liked and glad you (and Disney) has brought that diva back.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:insatiable: It better to just go with it and check back into thread when you can. Here, have a cookie, me think you need it more than me do right now. Especially since you missed two chappies of KG also.

Cross-promotion... :electric:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Especially since you missed two chappies of KG also.

Cross-promotion... :electric:
WHat what what??

I did see a chapter show up in my inbox, which I read. It was the last one, about Piggy calling Kermit and telling him - sorta - about what happened with Seymour and Flint. Was there one before that that I missed?? :eek:

And cross promo indeed - 3 ball's gonna be updated this week.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for not replying sooner, there was a huge electrical outage that lasted a full 24 hours, I'm back now.
Yes WMG, you read Ch 156, but me no know if you got #155 as well.

Looking forward to the 3 Ball.
*Leaves some choc cheesecake squares for Kim and Jan. Ran out of muffins. :zany: