1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Figures: Disney Parks

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by frogboy4, Feb 21, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yes, these are the ones that have been out for a while.

They're not perfect, textured and articulated renditions, but they rival anything we got before Palisades Toys and the smaller sizes, from 2.25" Rizzo to 3.75" Fozzie Bear, are perfect for every collection. The paint-aps are okay, the sculpts are nice and a few do wobble a bit when standing. They're probably cheaper in the parks than the $20-something they go for on Amazon and Ebay, but we Muppet fans have payed a lot more for a lot less. There are 6 in total. The fact that these aren't in any of the Disney Stores escapes me!

For what they are, they get [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] winking Scooters. People concerned about lack of product...you know who you are... get these now or beware the shame of being a complainer who's missing out.
    [​IMG]

Here's my crummy cell phone snap. The removable background packaging is a perfect make-shift display for the figures. Please Disney - MAKE MORE OF THIS STUFF!!! We likey! Very much.

(I contributed to several of the Palisades action figures many years ago and these get my complete stamp of approval for what it's worth. Buck o' five! )
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

I was gonna get those, but decided on the Muppet Star Wars figures
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

They look pretty nice. Don't know if I'll end up with them or not, but they look pretty nice.
    Wow, half of a winking Scooter! That's neat!
    EDIT: Apparently winking Scooters don't like to be quoted! They hired some IMG boxes to take their place! (Don't know if it's like that for everyone or not)
    EDIT on EDIT: Nevermind, the IMG boxes must have cost them too much money. :)
    Yes, Disney, if you're reading this, please, please, please make more of this stuff!
    Yes, I need to get those too. Really want the pack with Link in it, as he's one of my favorite characters.
  4. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

those look very well made he best out of the set gonzo to me looks the best i shall buy more of these sets if you make more after this disney ;)
  5. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Have they made Dirth Nader? In the Star Wars line with the Muppets?? I don't remember seeing that???
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe he's in the only three figure pack, with him, Camilla, and Sam.
  7. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Are these available from Disney's phone order service for Park-exclusive merchandise, aka DelivEars? 1-877-560-6477

What's the exact name of the PVC set in the photo above, so I can ask for them?

Alex
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Oooh, that would be a good resource.
    X000AF2W7Z
    DISNEY MUPPETS COLLECTIBLE PLAY SET FIGURES NEW
  9. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

Just picked up this set from the Downtown Disney shop today.
    Gotta say, they're very well made. Some of the best PVC sculpts I've seen in a long time.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  10. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

What's the price on this set? I saw some on eBay, but I wasn't sure how competitive the seller's asking price was with the Park sticker.

Alex
  11. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

I believe it was around the $13 region.
    I was looking to buy something Muppet related while on vacation and I couldn't justify spending $20 on a set of the Star Wars characters.
    They just weren't doing it for me. Didn't look of the best quality through the plastic shell.
    While the PVC set is of the highest caliber in quality. Fozzie alone sold the set for me.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  12. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I finally opened my Muppets-as-Star-Wars figures today, and I'm looking at them right now. I like them better than I thought I would. Compared to the Disney-as-Star-Wars figures and some various other theme-park merchandise I own (POTC ride, Haunted Mansion ride), the articulation on these is the best I've seen from Disney.

Fozzie/Chewbacca is one of my faves. And I like Sam Eagle/Obi-Wan more than I thought I would.

The worst head sculpt is sadly on the figure I wanted the most: Gonzo/Vader. His open-faced version is okay, but the proportions on his 'Dearth Nadir'-style helmet are totally off, which is sad because that helmet WAS actually made as a Muppet, so they ought to have had more reference of it than any other.

Oh, and looking at the way they put Chewie's coloration on Fozzie's nose/fur, and Han's hair color on Link, why is Piggy/Leia still blonde? Shouldn't she have been brunette?

And I'm curious to compare Camilla's stormtrooper helmet with the accessory included with Chip-n-Dale as Ewoks. I know it's a new interior, contoured to fit her head, but the exterior appears to be the same sculpt.

Alex
  13. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

The pvc figure set created for the Disney parks is now available on the Disney Store website for 12.95. This is a great set. I have purchased it for myself and have blended Fozzie, Rizzo, Gonzo, Animal, and Miss Piggy in my Palisades minis display. They are really perfectly scaled and I would recommend them.
    http://www.disneystore.com/disney-store-official-site-for-disney-merchandise-the-muppets-figure-play-set-6-pc/mp/1304883/1000262/?D=muppet+figures&Nr=pPublished%3A1&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=muppet+figures&Dr=pPublished%3A1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  14. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!! ;) I better get my order in before they sell out, though we are going to Disneyland later this year... maybe I should hand-pick ours? Either way, it looks and sounds like a really great set, can't wait! :D
  15. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Dang... sold out before I saw this thread.

Alex
  16. floydnjanicefan

They are back in stock again, though I think at a dollar more: 13.95 for the set.
  17. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Thanks! I just ordered those, plus some plushes for my wife's birthday.

AN
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm glad you can buy these on the website, but it's sheer lack of foresight that they didn't have these in Disney stores. it would definitely stand out from the same old princess figure sets that they seem to have nothing but. And that one Mickey Mouse Car Wash set... which I really want actually. It has PETE!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  19. floydnjanicefan

Did you see there's a playset to go with the car wash/mechanic one? It comes with another Mickey but also an in scale Chip and Dale. There's also a pet shop series with Clarabelle Cow, which is pretty cute. Unrelated to this Muppet thread, but you know: Figures are cool. :cool:
  20. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Got my PVC's and two plushes today... Rizzo and Walter looked waaay too cozy when I opened the box.

Posting a video soon that will show what I mean.

Alex
    KermieBaby47 likes this.