Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the 3rd Invader Zim DVD set, on the commentary of Mortos the Soul stealer, one of the people working on the show says, "By the end of the [recording] session, Mortos started to sound like a Muppet" another person pops out, "I like the Muppets!"

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
A few days ago on The Daily Show, during a bunch of clips (I won't say what of to avoid controversy although by saying that I've pro'ly said to much oh crap) Jon Stewart started singing "People in your Neighborhood."
:sing: :stick_out_tongue:

LadyHyde

Reaction score
There's a reference in the "Teen Titans" episode "Bunny Raven" where a puppet of their nemesis Mumbo the Magicial runs around the theater and two of them show up in the balcony as Statler and Waldorf, making wisecracks! Very funny reference. :excited:

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Let's not forget Elmo on "The Torkelsons". That was one of my favorite episodes. :smile:

Reaction score
There is another episode of friends where Pheobe has realized her mother had not shown her the ending to sad movies like Old yeller. At the end of the episode she is watching Bert and ernie with Ross' son Ben. She pauses the show to tell ben that there is a scary part coming up when Ernie cant find Bert, but its ok because he finds him later. She starts playing the show again and then says something along the lines as "Im so glad your here" (in fear)

McFraggle

Reaction score
LadyHyde said:
Let's not forget Elmo on "The Torkelsons". That was one of my favorite episodes. :smile:
I had completely forgot about "The Torkelsons." I liked it though. :smile:

raysgal

Reaction score
I was watching some soap opera on Monday around noon in the student lounge at my university. I think it was like "One Life to Live" or something like that and this character refers to these two old guys as Waldorf and Statler :boo: :sleep: (well, he doesn't say their names, but you get the reference) and asks where the hands that go up their behinds are.

It was kinda funny especially considering I almost never watch soaps and I was just about to fall asleep.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A while ago, I said there was a PBS show called "second hand stories" in which they find a Sesame Street Disco album at a second hand record shop. I didn't see the whole thing until recently... The program used "Disco Frog" in the intro, just the opening of the song, anyway. No vocals.