Muppet Film and TV References

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
LOL. On Murphy, Sam, and Jodi today, they were doing the "Family Friendly Box Office" and they mentioned that the creatures from Where the Wild Things Are were created by the Jim Henson Company, to which somebody responded, "And that's why Cookie Monster is in there." I was totally ROTFLOL when somebody said "OM NOM NOM." :insatiable::big_grin: (and they also mentioned Big Bird) :wisdom:

http://www.murphysamandjodi.com/

APRena

Reaction score
On the Daily Show yesterday, Jon Stewart referred to the guy on the GOP's new website as "disgruntled Muppet restaurant customer" (Fat Blue, does he even have a name? Mr. Johnson or something? The one Grover constantly annoys. :super: )

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Another Murphy, Sam, and Jodi reference:

On Hollywood outsider:

"New actor who played W to a T they said." [silence except for Jodi laughing at own joke] "Letter joke. This is like being on Sesame Street!"

hoopless

Reaction score
Kermit was mentioned on the Big Bang Theory last night. Howard was deciding what tattoo he wanted to get, and a picture of Kermit was one of the choices he considered. He ever did a little voice impression!
what episode is this? is it a new series not in the uk yet or something i missed? it sounds worryingly like me lol. and i went for it too :smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
There was just a commercial on GSN in which a man was asking a coworker trivia questions, and one of them was "Who was the emcee on The Muppet Show?" :smile:

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
There was just a commercial on GSN in which a man was asking a coworker trivia questions, and one of them was "Who was the emcee on The Muppet Show?" :smile:
Is the show called "Easiest Trivia Game Ever"? Seriously, who wouldn't know that? :confused:

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Yesterday on Late Nite with Jimmy Fallon they made a reference. It was in some segment called "Questions" and the question was something like "Does the hole in The Roots' sousaphone lead to Fraggle Rock?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a fun one. This one's from the Monsters Vs. Aliens Halloween special last night.

After failing to scare any kids, Missing Link sits depressingly on a sidewalk corner. A little kid comed up and says "Look Ma, it's Kermit!"

Link mumbles: mummmblegrumble Piggy...

APRena

Reaction score
Two minor ones:

Community on Thursday, Abed and Troy were comparing Batman impressions, and Abed says "No, that's more like Cookie Monster."

I was watching iCarly (don't judge me!) it was a rerun anyway, but I guess I was paying more attention because some subplot involved Spencer lying about returning a copy of "Boogiebear Takes Manhattan"-- HAS to be an MTM reference, right? The Muppets are the only ficticious characters allowed to take Manhattan! :wink: