Muppet Film and TV References

haakonsmary

Reaction score
In The Office webisode "The Mentor" part 1, Erin says that The Count was her favorite part of Sesame Street, and then impersonates him.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Saw a Red Bull Flugtag commercial on Hulu with a homemade flying machine in the shape of Super Grover.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you ever saw the show "The Odd Couple" (it's about 2 divorced men named Felix & Oscar who live together.Oscar's a slob & Felix is a neat freak.) Well Felix had a nose job & he had a bandage over his eyes.He wanted to know what time it was.So he started dialing the phone for the time.It was an old fashioned phone (it had a dial instead of buttons) So Felix was counting:
Felix(trying to find the holes) : 1,2,3,4,5,6....Six! dials the number 6
Again:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8..Eight!
Oscar:I feel like I'm on "Sesame Street"!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
The question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? was "Which of the following songs won an Academy Award?" The answer choices were "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", "Talk to the Animals", "The Bare Necessities", and "Rainbow Connection." :smile:

Reaction score
Some of you should remember the chase scene in the 80's Dragnet movie where Dan Ackroyd's Joe Friday says "Muppets" at a bunch of stuffed animals.

In the "Bunny Raven" episode of Teen Titans, tow of Mumbo's duplicates look and laughed like Statler and Waldorf.

Drawn Together featured the Muppet Babies getting the stuffing out of them by Princess Clara's pitbull dogs.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Drawn Together did an entire episode ripping off Muppet Babies as well. :big_grin: It was hilarious.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
In math class, our teacher gave us a worksheet involving pie charts, and the heading of the first graph is "Kermit's Monthly Budget" and the graph reads: "Fly Traps 25% Pond Fees 21% Agent 14% Singing Lessons __%" :smile::wisdom::big_grin:

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Spoiler for tonight's episode of The Office (highlight to read):

Oscar circulates a viral video he created that compares Kevin’s voice to Sesame Street’s Cookie Monster.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I might have mentioned this before.(so forgive me if I did.)
On a game show called "Chain Reaction" one of the contestants did an imitation of :insatiable: singing a little bit of "C Is For Cookie"