Muppet Film and TV References

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Was just watching 100 years ofthe royal variety peformance and it showed a clip of the muppets with floyd,robin,kermit, miss piggy, fozzie, gonzo, rowlf and scooter and then showed a short interview with miss piggy

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one we totally overlooked because it was a deleted sequence...

Family Guy TOTALLY referenced the Mad Painter

It comes in at 5:29 and lasts barely a couple seconds. I think that's his actual voice too. Be sure to watch the scene with James Woods after it. It becomes a Brick joke.

And another comes in at 9:58. Lois explains that they're tight on money and have to get diapers at the bodega. Stewie replies "Where is Oscar the Grouch? Who is Jose the Grump?"

animalrescuer

Reaction score
On tonight's episode of Wipeout, one co-host asked if John Henson's father created the Muppets, but he's obviously the wrong John Henson. Then there was a contestant whom they keep mentioning about Muppets like Elmo and Gonzo and she even made an Ernie and Bert reference with a "fishy, fishy, fishy" statement, in homage to that famous sketch.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been mentioned yet, but two parodies from CN's Mad:
Cookie Blue, featuring Cookie Monster as a cop in a "Rookie Blue" spoof, and "Ribbitless", a satire of The Muppets (2011) and Limitless.....

MAD: Cookie Blue - YouTube

mad kermit.mp4 - YouTube
Does anyone else have any other notable CN Mad Muppet references?

Drtooth

Reaction score
More of a print reference, actually. In the third issue of Bravest Warriors, two references are made. One to Pigs in Space, another to the "Here Fishy fishy fishy!" bit on Sesame Street. And they're accompanied by captions at the bottom with even more obvious references that reiterate they're supposed to be Muppet jokes.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Family Guy had a reference tonight where Stewie had to fire Beaker for making meth and selling it to Big Bird. It's way funnier to see it than me explaining it.

Daniel

Teheheman

Reaction score
Bob's Burgers had one where Gene(the middle kid for those who don't follow the show) actually dressed and looked like his dad(Bob) and was even mimicking him to the point of annoyance to Bob. After he quit, Bob said 'Thank God' and his wife said 'Aww, I'm gonna miss my Muppet Baby Bob'

Daniel

robodog

Reaction score
There was a show on a couple days ago ( I think it may have been American Pickers ) where someone mentioned banging on drums like Animal. I wasn't really paying attention to the TV. I was on the computer and for some reason even though I was totally engrossed in what I was doing I managed to catch that reference on a show I wasn't even paying attention to.