Muppet Film and TV References

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
On yesterday's new episode of "Ed,Edd n' Eddy" Eddy thinks up a new scam: he'll catch frogs, sell them to the kids and have them race for profit. Ed tries to attract frogs by dressing up like a female frog:all he wears flippers,his underwear,a blonde wig and a cardboard Kermit collar! :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
on the show Still Standing the mother *I'm not good with names* has worn seseme/muppet shirts quite often....it always makes me happy!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
Anyhoo, this doesn't have to do with Muppets, but it's puppety, so I thought I'd mention it. It was on Family Guy, and one of the characters was saying something about how Peter couldn't be left alone, because the last time he was, he turned their house into a puppet. Then it wnt to a clip of him inside the house, pulling on a rope, and speaking into a microphone or something. Next, it showed the outside of the house, and the roof was raising up and down, like a puppet's mouth. It was hai-larious.
Ahaha! I love that one! It's sooo funny!!

And has anyone mentioned the Friends episode where Phoebe hates PBS? When asked why it was because she wrote to Sesame Street once and they never wrote back so Chandler says:

"You know, those Muppets don't really have thumbs"

P

Philo and Gunge

I'm not sure if anybody said this, but in Mark Hamill's new movie, "Comic Book: The Movie", Hamill mentions "Oh look, the Muppets have their own line now!".

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
I'm not sure if anybody said this, but in Mark Hamill's new movie, "Comic Book: The Movie", Hamill mentions "Oh look, the Muppets have their own line now!".
Ahaha! I love Mark Hamill, I didn't realize that was out already!

lili

Reaction score
there is a very amusing scene in Buffy where Cordelia tells someone to go "Spank your inner muppet".

funn-ee

hmm, i think i feel a signature coming on...

leliebel

Reaction score
Is anyone interrested in an alphabetical list of these. I was thinking I could put together a twe columns, one with tv shows and one with movies, and you could click a show and see the referrences we have gathered so far, that we're made on that particular show.

I'll start on it tonight, if it would be usefull.

Oh, probably posted already but I don't have time right now to read every page but. There we're several on "Bufyy the vampire slayer"

In Buffy vs. Dracula:
Willow and Xander turn and see Dracula.

WILLOW: Hi.
XANDER: Nice. Look who's got a bad case of dark prince envy. (Behind him we see Buffy holding her stake, looking concerned)
DRACULA: I have no interest in you. Leave us.
XANDER: No, we're not going to (in Dracula's accent) "leave you." And where'd you get that accent, Sesame Street? (As the Count on Sesame Street) Vun, two, three -- three victims. Mwa ha ha!

And in Get it done:

PRINCIPAL WOOD
Mm, I don't know. It hasn't been opened since— (Buffy breaks off the lock with her bare hands) Well, since now.

XANDER
(pulls out metal figures from the bag) Puppets. That's it! The First hates puppets! Now if we can just airlift Kermit, Fozzie the Bear, and Miss Piggy into town, the First'll be a-running.

WILLOW
Those are Muppets.

And of course in the blues brothers, but that's pretty well known

dmx10101

Reaction score
This morning on the radio show I listen to- MJ Morning Show, MJ was singing it isn't easy being green and impersonating Kermits voice.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
She's All That, a girl is tweasing Rachael Leigh Cook's eyebrows.

"Have you ever watched Sesame Street?"
"Yeah."
"Ever hear of Bert?"

:frown: