1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Muppet Guys (And Gals) Talking: The Muppet Family Interviews Thread

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Pig's Laundry, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Since Muppet performer interviews are kind of the center of our existence, I thought it was only fitting to have a thread for them. So, whenever you see a new interview with any Muppet performers/ Henson people you can post them here, ok? OK.

Well here's Frank Oz appearing on the Hair for Radio podcast...

It's really great that Frank has been talking more extensively about Muppet stuff. I could listen to him talk about, anything really, pretty much all day.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  2. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Adam Kreutinger has a great podcast in which he interviews well-known puppeteers. Probably my favorite so far is the own featuring Peter Linz:

3. Pig's Laundry

I really like the insights he gives about the way Ernie moves, and how Walter was originally inspired by Michael Cera. Very interesting stuff.

4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Stephanie D'Abruzzo has a pretty good interview with Rabbi Solomon. And Ryan Dillon was recently on this show reacting to old puppet VHS tapes. Ryan starts at 14:53:

Pig's Laundry and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

"Temple Sons of B****es";I like it.

6. antsamthompson9

7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

On the one hand, I really like interviews with Stephanie. On the other hand, I've heard other interviews with other Broadway-related folk I like from this guy and his stereotypical Jew shtick is kind of annoying, so I haven't listened to this 'un yet.

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Says the guy who utters a lot of stereotypical Jewish words and phrases, such as, "Oy vey gevalt!" :p

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  9. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

"You had one job, Frank! One job!"

Honestly the things that stuck out from this interview the most were Frank bringing up that the Muppets (including Sesame Street) were never straight up for kids. It bugs me when people just jump to that conclusion that "you can't watch the Muppets cuz itz 4 kids!!!1111!!!!"

Mmmmm.... You sure about that? :skeptical:

Along with Bert's origins. I'm sure the crew always intended to make him a boring character, but I like that Frank himself mentioned he really contributed to it from the fact that Bert was a rod puppet.

Also, who the heck uses "muppet" as an insult??? :confused: That just doesn't sound right.

(On another note, Jamie has a really relaxing voice, and I love his satirical sense of humor).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  10. LittleJerry92

He got you there, Shane. ;)

11. antsamthompson9

This might sound a little nit-picky, but I think it's kinda sad how Ryan doesn't wanna bring up Kevin when talking about how he became Elmo for fear of talking about the scandal. Hopefully, with Happytime Murders being out now, and it being pretty public knowledge that Kevin is with Henson now, Ryan will feel more comfortable.

12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I may throw a little Yiddish into my every day vernacular, but I don't go around acting the part all day like that guy.

The circumstances around Ryan getting the role are touchy, yes. But the circumstances around Kevin finding work elsewhere are just as touchy (remember, he wasn't really proven innocent...)

13. LittleJerry92

[​IMG]

But no, I get what you're saying.

14. antsamthompson9

Point taken.