Muppet Labs Playset Arrives: When and Where

trammel

Reaction score
I saw 2 Muppet Labs playsets at the Newbury Comics in Bellingham, MA today.

-Tom

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Once upon a time, in a not so far away land, I had one of those Star Wars unpainted playsets from the 80's. And I hated it! Didn't enjoy it one iota. As we all know, Hate leads to fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to.... well, read on.

It was the Yoda swamp set. Everything was all one horrid drab beige color (including Yoda), or some dreadfully rotton medieval Earth tone. --The irony! Yoda's swamp's not even supposed to be on Earth!

Now, maybe I'm not your average model citizen, because I never played with or bothered to paint the blasted thing. Call me a stick in the mud, but it looked so dull and uninteresting, I couldn't muster up the interest to do anything with it.

That's when I joined the dark side, and never bothered with an unpainted toy again.

Based on a true story.

To be continued: A New Hope. --That actually does have a happy ending! I'll get to execute my creativity sticker-wise with the new and exciting exclusive Vacation Fozzie Bear! :big_grin:

No vacations to Degobah however. :cool:

Luke

Reaction score
**** SG !!!!!

Similar story here actually - i had the 'Jabba The Hut Throne Room' kit and yes, it was all brown and grey because obviously you're supposed to paint it (knowing Lucas, in equally drab colors). Anyway i was like 8 so i didn't know where to buy paints , the booklet was in German (my mom ALWAYS was cheap and bought me the import versions of things) and i had found i could play with it anyway without bothering to paint it so i did. I ended up selling it on Ebay for a nice price though last year but there were tons of people bidding so they are popular somewhere. I always thought the pieces needed to be larger - the Star Wars figures included were tiny.

I dunno - it might work with older muppet fans. I guess the colors would be brighter and technology has moved on a bit since the 80's. Maybe the mass-market isn't there, but Henson released the book of crafts and that seemed to do ok - they even did TV promotion for it.

matleo

Reaction score
Yah!!!! I have my Beaker now!! Finally!! I love him. Actually I like him a lot more than I thought I would. I mean, I wasn't expecting to hate him or anytihng, but I'm not much of Beaker fan so to say I love him is sayin a lot. I only wish he could bend over abot so you could make him look at Bunsen. I had never noticed until now, how much Richard had to cheat Beaker to make him look. Anyway, that's my onlt quibble. Otherwise, he's great!!! Thank you Palisades!!! bring on Series 2!!!

--Matt

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Oh, yes! I love that Muppets Big Book Of Crafts! Very super. Could almost inspire one to actually make a mod-podge lodge for Yoda & friends.

I'm enjoying everybody's creativity with their avatars lately too! BAZ, awesome Rowlf avatar! And of course I love your penguin, Luke, just in case I haven't told you that before! Grail, cool transformer, but where'd the Green Lantern go? I need more info on that figure. He's too cool.

Funny how my Star Wars post followed trammel's nifty Dirth Nader avatar. Almost as if it were planned.

grail

Reaction score
more info on who? GL or Unicron?

BAZ

Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperGrover
I'm enjoying everybody's creativity with their avatars lately too! BAZ, awesome Rowlf avatar!
Thanks, it's Rowlf from when he was on the Jimmy Dean Show. I chose that image because not only do I remeber watching him back then, it was the only reason I watched Jimmy Dean. I could be anywhere in the house and when Rowlf's theme music started I would be in front of the TV in 2 seconds or less!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Muppet Labs in Buffalo NY

I got mine the other day, it was the last one left too!

Zack)Rowlf the, from Toysrus...not EB,Dog.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
more info on who? GL or Unicron?
More info on the Green Lantern figure, please. I have the 1984 Super Powers Green Lantern by Kenner.

BAZ--
Also I've only seen a few selected clips, but I didn't know Rowlf had his own theme music on the Jimmy Dean show. What was it like? Piano music or what?