Muppet Listings 15.0

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here are some more entries, from "Where Do I Belong?":

The Fish: a small orange fish.

The Scuba-Diver: a female purple AM in scuba gear.

The Clam: a rod puppet clam with eyes.

The Tree: a large puppet tree with eyes that move.

The Haystack: the Pa Gorg-esque haystack.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks TSF, still working my way through the JHH episodes, looking forward to watching at least one more tonight. There are some SS clips included in the tapes, will get to those in time.

Anyway, thought you'd like to know. Contacted BlueAM about the entry of "Boris" from TMS. He says that he was probably thinking of Peter Sellers's character after all, confusing him with the male gypsy who heckled his performance. So that one'll be removed leaving the group entry of "The Gypsies" in its place.
Anyway, hoping for help with the JHH entries posted above, rully hoping for MuppetDude's expert help since he's the one who provided me with the tapes in the first place. But any and all help is always appreciated.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, got two more episodes under my belt and here's what I need help with.

Monster Maker
Chance Bello
Matthew Banjee or is it Matthew Banning?
Matthew's Dad, is his name Alfie?
Matthew's Mom, named Jan
Matthew's Teacher.
Ben
Mr. Bello's Secretary
Reg
There's another man who works with Mr. Bello and his female secretary, need that character's name.
*Looking for the names of the human cast.

Health & Fitness
The Guy with a Sword Through his Head
Elvis Dog, this was Rowlf as Merlin after he drew out the sword and turned into Elvis. Is this a proper denomination to have him included in the list?
The Farmer
The Farmer's Wife
The Talking Cabbage
The Talking Cow
The Talking Animals
The Skirt
The Towel
The Apron
The Glove
The Hat
The Pocket

The Song of the Cloud Forest
Need help with names of the characters and identifying what animals they were.
Milton the Golden Toad
Ruth the Golden Toad
Wilf
Ralph
There were four animals who talked as a group, among them was Blanche who I believe to be a chameleon, two male characters, and another female character.
Jack, I believe that is was good ol' Jerry Nelson, though I'd appreciate any help.
Louise, not sure who portrayed her.
As always, post what you can and I hope to hear from my staff of trusted sources soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Before I forget... There's another character from Song of the Cloud Forest I need help with. This is the creature that calls itself an "elder" and gives Milton the advice to make the uprights listen to his song. What creature was he? How would it be best to add him to the list?

Oh, FYI, I'm keeping a running track of the list of names I've gotten from the episodes so far so I don't forget any nor forget to ask about any.
Hope to hear from you guys, have a good night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, finished watching Tape #1, and here's a few others also from JHH I need help with.

Musicians.
The Solid Foam's Groupies, or are they really Flash's Groupies?
Talking Teddy, from the Fashion Dolls sketch.
Sergeant Killer Death Machine, from the same Fashion Dolls sketch.
*Also need the name of the actor who played him.
The Ghost Story's Hotel Owner.
The Yuppy Ghost.
*Also need the name of the actor who portrayed him.

The Storyteller: The True Bride
Anya, the True Bride
The Gardener or should he be listed as the Prince?
The Troll
The Trollip, the Troll's Daughter
The Townsman
The Townswoman
*Looking for the names of the human cast.

Garbage
The Little Girl, she showed up at the beginning when Digit or Waldo were talking about the demographics of JHH's viewers.
Vinnie Joe Dumpster.
The Cockatoo
The Cardinal
The Bluebird
The Parrot
The Goldfinch
The Nightinggale
The Bear
Dr. Emil Lundquist or is it Renquist?
The Male Human, or should it be the Father?
The Female Human or should it be the Mother?
The Young Human or should it be the uh... Girl or Boy?

The Storyteller: Sapsorrow
The King
The Crier, or should he be lumped in with the King's Men? Or should these be two different entries?
Sapsorrow
Sapsorrow's Bad Sister #1
Sapsorrow's Bad Sister #2
The Prince
Should Sapsorrow's alternate identity of Straggletag be listed as a separate entry?
Also wondering about the workers at the kitchen who were present in some scenes with Sapsorrow when she was Straggletag.

Secrets of the Muppets
The Sandwich, voiced by Jim himself.

Hope to hear from you guys soon, man is this list ever growing! But that's why I do what I do and why I thank MuppetDude for the tapes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes, but were they animals who spoke by means of the Storyteller speaking for them? Or were they mere puppets without a voice at all? Cause you might notice I left them off, along with the Duck from the Heartless Giant cause they don't seem to have speaking roles, at least thanks to the Storyteller himself. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, here's the last of it from JHH.

Living With Dinosaurs
Dominick "Dom" Marshall
Lee, Dom's Dad
Vicki, Dom's Mom
Adrian, Dom's Uncle
Victor, Dom's Cousin
Dom's School Teacher
Keith
Dog or is it Doug the Dinosaur

Food
The Shopping Woman
Sheldon the All-Knowing Grocery Store Stockboy
Edna the Eggplant-Laying Chicken
Sheriff or is it Sherriff Hamlet
Mrs. Vivian Eggloff
The Food Delivery Guy, this was the guy at the end who asked Kermit how he was going to pay for all the food.

The Storyteller: The Three Ravens
The King
The Witch
The Silent Princess
Prince #1
Prince #2
Prince #3
The Three Ravens
The Young Prince
The Young Prince's Father (this is the only way I can think of, short of naming the King #2 to differentiate this king from the one at the beginning of the story.)
The Three Baby Princes.

OK, alls I got now are the various SS clips included with the tapes. Rully hoping for someone to come in and help with descripts and human cast names where needed like Living with Dinosaurs, The Three Ravens, and everything else asked for above.
Hope to hear from you guys soon, and hope this isn't too tall an order for you guys.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Big ups to MuppetDude. Finished watching the added SS clips and Donnizetti Ferlinghetti will now be changed to Ferlinghetti Donnizetti, thanks to the authoritative source of his name being said in the song "Alphabet Rap".
Also got questions about some characters from added songs like Women Can Be and Six Kids at the Playground, but I'll watch them and ask again later in the week.
Hope to hear from you guys soon to confirm/add all the stuff from JHH, and have a good night.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I meant to post the following message on Monday, but couldn't get it through:

-----------------------------------

Is it a good idea to add the characters from the second-half of JHH that aren't related to the Muppet world? To me, "The Storyteller", "Lighthouse Island", and others don't seem like they're really in the same kind of Muppet universe.

Anyway:

In Science-Fiction, was Chris Langhem the man who portrayed the role of Marty the Earthling?
Yes.

Also, in the episode The Ratings Game, please describe the character that could be known as "The Tiny Lawyer" and if this was another of Chris Langhem's roles on JHH.
It's Chris Langham dressed in a brown suit and tie, holding a briefcase, and wearing a fake moustache.

Bob the Game Show Host
He sort of looks like a grey white-haired version of Guy Smiley.

Fred Dorfman, from the game show portion of the Response-a-Matic changing TV show.
It's actually Gonzo popping in for a cameo. I have no idea why.

The Saturnian, from a different portion of the same segment.
Who? Not sure who you mean.

Mr. Stapleton, didn't understand his full name.
It's Mr. Harry Stapleton, played by Jerry Nelson in casual clothes.

Lars, the chauffeur/bodyguard/personal trainer, should he be listed?
I guess he should. At the end of the episode there are a bunch of names for the supporting actors, but I don't know which one he was.
Anyway, he's a blond man who always smiles.

3 Isn't the orange fish the one who sang Splish Splash, and thus differentiated or set apart from the sea creatures in the closing story?
It's the same puppet, but a different puppeteer.

4 The Sea Horse is the one from Muppets Tonight from the musical number "She Blinded Me with Science" sung by Phil van Neuter.
Does anybody know if this is the same puppet used on JHH?

Evil McBad
The Wolf from the Lynda Carter episode of TMM dressed in a basic "bad guy" outfit, similar to Snidely Whiplash; top hat, scrawny moustache, cape, etc.

Beanbo
Bean dressed as Rambo, with lots of ammo.

The Dog Director
He's never seen. It may be Jim Henson.

The Dog City Firefighter, the one seen at the fire station.
He's a dalmation named Spot dressed in a firefighter's uniform.

The Police Dogs, from the end of the episode or should it be "The Dog City Police Dogs"?
I'd guess the "Dog City Police Dogs"; several dogs dressed as police officers, including a bloodhound, a pug, and a speckled dog with glasses (who was the one who described what "trouble" smelled like).

Oh, and the All Dog Network Announcer will be changed to Rover Cleveland since he says that as his name.
Rover's never seen. Besides, his voice is different than the All Dog Network Announcer's voice.

Pinkaboo: Yes this is louie anderson in a pink bunny costume.
It's not exactly a costume; Louie stuck his head through a hole in a wall, which was designed to look like the rabbit's body. His arms and legs were wire-controlled.

Foo-Foo: Yes this is Piggys dog
It's the same puppet, but on JHH it's named Freddy and played by Kevin Clash.

The Fish that Went Through the Guy's Head: In my opinion it does not desevere ist own listing.
I think he's already listed. Why shouldn't he be included? He's got a good gimmick. (Well, he's got a gimmick.; not necessarily a good one.)

Commander Bunny (Bean from Space Guy)
Bean in a blue/pink space suit. His army is a bunch of random rabbits (including Twitch and Lugsy) in the same type of suits.

The Knight, from the Heartless Giant voiced by Kevin Clash during Jim's end segment.
Basically a model knight a little more than one foot long.

The Miners, appeared just after the musical number Splish Splash.
Three middle-aged Whatnots dressed as miners.

Merlin (Rowlf from Merlin the Magician MD)
Rowlf with a crown-like hat with a sleeping-like cap in the center. He wore a cape and a brown garment with jagged square designs. He also had a white beard.

The Fish that Went Through the Guy's Head, he talks apart from the guy himself so I think it should be counted separately.
A yellow fist (different than the ones from TMS)

Mr. Pegasus.
The tan horse puppet with wings.

Jacque Roach's Verminous Crew.
A group of rats dressed in sweaters and sailor hats. One appears to be Rizzo with a different voice.

---------------------------------------

Until I get an explanation about the non-Muppet characters I won't explain much about the Storyteller and "other" characters.

And here's some more help for today:

Food

The Shopping Woman
A very detailed Muppet woman with a long face, curlers in her hair, and wearing what looks like bedclothes and a sweater.

Sheldon the All-Knowing Grocery Store Stockboy
A human played by Gordon Robertson, wearing glasses, has black hair, a shiny yellow shirt, suspenders, red bowtie and pants, red Converse sneakers, and a red/green cape.

Edna the Eggplant-Laying Chicken
One of TMS's chickens in a straw hat and glasses.

Sheriff or is it Sherriff Hamlet
Shouldn't be added; it's a transformed Waldo (whose full name, by the way, is Waldo C. Graphic).

Mrs. Vivian Eggloff
A human woman played by Camille Bonora.

The Food Delivery Guy
A tan Whatnot with (I think) brown hair, sleepy eyes, and a pointy nose.

Musicians
The Solid Foam's Groupies, or are they really Flash's Groupies?
They're Flash's groupies.

Talking Teddy, from the Fashion Dolls sketch.
A large orange teddy bear with googly eyes, a blue bowtie, and a pullstring on its stomach.

Sergeant Killer Death Machine, from the same Fashion Dolls sketch.
*Also need the name of the actor who played him.

I don't know who played him, but I'll try and check. He's dressed in camoflague clothing and paint, with a headband, and carrying lots of ammo.

The Ghost Story's Hotel Owner
An elderly human woman. It might be Chris Langham in drag.

The Yuppy Ghost
Dan Redican in a brown suit and tie.

Garbage
The Little Girl, she showed up at the beginning when Digit or Waldo were talking about the demographics of JHH's viewers.
I don't remember seeing one.

Billy Joe Dumpster
A talking trash bag with eyes, nose, mouth, and hands.

The Story of the Colorless Birds
The Cockatoo
The Cardinal
The Bluebird
The Parrot
The Goldfinch
The Nightinggale

All these birds are basically what they look like, except that they more like moving coloring book pictures, with outlines.

The Bear Reporter
The Vernon the Grizzly Bear puppet later used on JHAS.

Dr. Emil Lundquist
A raccoon.

The Male Human Father
The Female Human Mother
The Young Human Girl

They're all humans in casual clothes, having a barbecue. The father is once again played by Chris Langham.

Secrets of the Muppets
The Sandwich, voiced by Jim himself.
It's the "Disagreeable Sausage Sandwich" built for "The Cosby Show". He's already listed.

Before I forget... There's another character from Song of the Cloud Forest I need help with. This is the creature that calls itself an "elder" and gives Milton the advice to make the uprights listen to his song. What creature was he? How would it be best to add him to the list?
That's Calman the Crocodile Elder, a large turquoise crocodile with many wrinkles.

Health & Fitness
The Guy with a Sword Through his Head
A dark turquoise whatnot in a suit of armor.

Elvis Dog, this was Rowlf as Merlin after he drew out the sword and turned into Elvis. Is this a proper denomination to have him included in the list?
I'd count him as the "Elvis Presley Muppet" because he can be seen, sans ears, in the dance scene from the Musicians episode. He's a Muppet likeness of Elvis (as opposed to the anthropomorphic Elvisses from MT. He's even got a curl in his lip!) In the Merlin episode, he had Rowlf's ears.

The Story of the Talking Cabbage
The Farmer
A human farmer played by Dan Redican.

The Farmer's Wife
Also a human, played by Sandra Shamas.

The Talking Cabbage
Maybe he should be named "Ol' Cabbage Head" since that's what he calls himself during the sketch.

The Talking Cow
The Talking Animals

All are stock Muppets.

The Skirt
The Towel
The Apron
The Glove
The Hat
The Pocket

All of these are the actual clothing with the puppeteer's hands in them.

The Song of the Cloud Forest
Milton the Golden Toad
A yellow toad with two orange triangles on his nose and back. He has hemispherical yellow eyes with moving eyelids, and hot pink pupils.

Ruth the Golden Toad
Basically a red version of Milton

Wilf the Howler Monkey
A red monkey-like creature with jagged red, orange, and yellow cloth/foam pieces to look sort of like "paper fur". He has a yellow mouth and lips, yellow eyes with orangish pupils, a small orange nose, and a yellow "border" around his face.

Ralph Robin
The most Muppet-like of the group (when it comes to the "classic look"; a robin withsleepy hemispherical eyes with bags, a backwards red cap, round body, and sneakers.

There were four animals who talked as a group, among them was Blanche who I believe to be a chameleon, two male characters, and another female character.

You're right; Blance is a chameleon, with green lines all over her, and pink and yellow spots. She also had a pointed snout.

Nick the Anaconda is Kevin's character; a fuchsia snake with colorful eyes, and rainbow-colored diamond patterns on his back.

Aart the Armadillo is Rickey Boyd's character who spoke in what sounded like a Latin accent. He had stripes decorated all over and around his body, and had two horn-like things on his head.

Quetzal the Tropical Bird had pink eyes, yellow beak, pink pupils, and blue and green jagged feather-like cloth/foam pieces on her body. These same pieces on her chest and around her eyes were hot pink.

The Uprights--two humans who were dressed in khaki pants, vests, and pith helmets. They were played by Jerry Nelson (Jack) and Fran Brill (Louise).

There were also the Imaginary Uprights: black scary-looking humanoid creatures that the animals viewed humans as.