1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Madness 2012 Tournament!

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by The Count, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

It's weird, I'm so much more of a fan of NPH - I actually hate The Big Bang Theory (I mean H-A-T-E), but Bannanasketch is right, NPH doesn't have much of a role... at all. I dunno about others, but I'm voting based on their performance in the movie. Parsons' cameo was great.

Looking like our next match-up is Walter vs. NPH (I will be SO angry if NPH takes this) and... gulp... Kermit versus Rowlf. That's a Sophie's Choice I am not ready to make.
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

What? You want Walter, the Muppet, to face off against his human self in the Final Four?
    Get outta here.

*Goes to the RHLC to drum up Scooter support, cause the alternative sounds, meh, I won't go there. :p
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, that won't work too well. How can Walter be divided amongst himself?

But, I'm really hoping NPH will win, for this reason: Everyone keeps saying 'Jim Parsons was the best part of the movie' and it really bugs me. How can some celebrity cameo be the best part of a MUPPET movie? Shouldn't the Muppets be the best part. Therefore, in protest of this fact, I refuse to vote for Jim Parsons under any circumstances!
  4. The Count

But you're not voting for NPH instead? Then you're only helping Jim Parsons win.
    Now go and vote, vote, vote! :news:
  5. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Nooooooo! By voting for NPH you are voting for me to lose in the bracket contest. How could you??? :cry:
  6. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I vote Link too! I miss that pig!
  7. Speed Tracer

Man oh MAN I want Rowlf to win this next match. However, I am really interested in what the Walter/Kermit match would look like (we all know he's going to win over NPH :fanatic:). If it were Walter/Rowlf... well, it would certainly be Walter's. But with Walter/Kermit - which it probably will be - it would be REALLY tough to tell.
  8. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i am voting rowlf rowlf for the win my fave character apart from sam and i love that pic they have used for rowlf in the final four i swear i have seen it somwhere :)
  9. Speed Tracer

Guys, Rowlf and Kermit are SO close. I love Kermit, but he won two years ago, and I'm s happy Rowlf is back. He's getting my vote every three hours. Yes, I AM waking up to vote once a night, thanks! :sympathy:
  10. Speed Tracer

Also - I was thinking next year could be something along the lines of "Muppet Groups." Or, better yet, "Muppet Teams" which makes it feel a bit more like the actual March madness tournament. Characters that we generally tend to think of as a unit. Doozers, Moopets, The Electric Mayhem... Makes it a bit harder to find the right number, but hey - it'd be fun.

Of course, we also know who would win... :D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:
    Muppet fan 123 and Bannanasketch like this.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Where's the MuppetCast for round 4?
  12. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I really want to see Walter take this! :fanatic:
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  13. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

C'mon Rowlfie! :sympathy:
  14. Muppet fan 123

Kermit is winning Walter? How is this possible?
  15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Rowlf wuz robbed!

But then, Rowlf robbed Scooter. So I guess I won't complain.
  16. Muppet fan 123

Championship Round is on now!!!
    Vote once every hour!! And vote for Walter!!!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  17. Speed Tracer

Steve is out of town. They'll do one next week.
  18. Muppet fan 123

Oh, was that this week? He did say there will be a new one on Tuesday, didn't he?
  19. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

After I voted just a moment ago, Kermit and Walter were tied with 613 votes each!
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  20. The Count

A message to all:

Walters and Kermits and whatever else you call yourselves as Muppet fans, The Muppets need your help! As posted in the Muppet Mindset's latest article, we're down to the championship round. Yes, the Muppet Madness Tournament is in the championship match of The Atlantic's Battle of the Brackets. The :news:, sad to say, is we're getting fugged shamelessly by those double-dirty Fug Girls. So go to the link posted here and keep voting to overturn the tide of fugliness! You only have until 9 PM EST tomorrow April 1 2012 to raise your Muppet voices high, telling everyone loud and clear... They can take away our theater and our name, but they'll ne'er take away our Muppetdom! ! ! !

Eh, I don't want mah Muppetdom.
    10000 points to Colinn for sounding like the lady from Chicken Run.
    What? No, kill whoever said they didn't want their Muppetdom!

Anyway, here's the link, go, vote, make us :fanatic: proud.
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/ente...brackets-championship-fugs-and-muppets/50535/
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.