Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

spcglider

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
why are you doing job interviews or somthing

LOL!! I knew that question would come up.

No. I'm not. But I'm just curious about how many folks here actually have given serious thought to what it would take. Its a great fantasy... sitting at the "Big Desk".

Would you, in your own opinion, actually be prepared for the task?

And the Muppets are about being silly and exploring silliness... and what's more silly than delusions of grandeur? :big_grin:

-Gordon

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It would be really quite simple. I would have a meeting the first day I was hired with all the staff, including Disney exutives and JHC execs . I would see where we are as a group, if we have the same mind set or not. Then I would start with three simple goals, to do anything successful, you need goals. the Goals would be this 1. Get the ball rolling on a good prime-time Tv show. 2. Get the ball rolling on a good Big Screen Movie. 3. Work on the Marketing campaign. The marketing would include releasing some good vintage Muppet things like "The Frog Prince" and stuff. Make them have some really good special featuers. Like for the Frog Prince, if he where able, a commentary by Jerry Nelson. Then I would start deviding up the work, I would place Jim Lewis as head of Muppet writing. He has been the voice for the Muppets for so long he would be the right choice. Then I would get with the writing staff and the performers to come up with ideas for the movie and show. I would make Steve Whitmier the Captin of the Muppeteers. He is the vocie of Kermit, who is the leader of the muppets and I feel Steve needs to be the team captin as well. Also, in the meeting with the writers and performers, would also be the Disney and JHC exectuives, they would be involved in everything we did because they would be the ones that would say yes or no to what we would do. Then I would do a world wide test, I would try and air some older Muppet things on TV and during them I would set up a 1-800 number on how people enjoyed what they enjoyed and would they watch a new Muppet show or movie. This would get the market out as well. I think I would do like they did on Nick. long ago the "Muppet Sunday Hour" or something. Playing some of the hour and 30 minute specials that had been done. That would be the start of a long task to get the muppets out and active.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Fan Advisory committee

Fozzie Bear said:
I would accept it, of course; but, I would have to be able to hand-pick my team. And where would I get my team? Out of the fan-base.

I wish they would accept volunteers (basically freebie work!) to offer advice and suggestions from the fan-base. Who better to advise the use of the characters than those who love them most dearly? I'm sure we would be glad to do it and accept some meager rewards (staff jackets or autographed scripts or something like that).
I am with you, Foz.Lets throw spcglider out of office for a corporate take over.LOL.The love needs to be shared!

spcglider

Reaction score
Heeeeeey... wait just a goll-durned minnit there! :wink:

I'm the first against the wall when the revolution comes just fer asking "Who WANTS to be in charge???"

Wow... harsh regime change! LOL!!! :smile:

-Gordon

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
I am with you, Foz.Lets throw spcglider out of office for a corporate take over.LOL.The love needs to be shared!
Out of the office? Heck! Let's 'em out the window!:crazy: (just kidding piol)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
All your qustions about people from this site running the muppets has made me think your oneof the disney execs or somone on the inside.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Heck! Let's 'em out the window!quote](grumbles) Rephrase: Out of the office? Heck! Let's throw 'em out the window!:crazy: (just kidding piol)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I also want to say that i think i would really have to see who all is a part of the whole muppet team. If i was in charge like i stated earlyer i would set up Jim Lewis as head muppet writer and Steve Whitmere as head muppeteer. there are other things though i thought of.
I would try to get some typ of contract with JHC and Sesame Worshop to alow the other muppets to be with the "classic muppets". That would also include if say they wanted new Kermit skits on SS.
I would also try and offer Frank Oz some typ of deal where he want to work with the Muppets. I feel that Disney is starting to make more adlut movies and that might be appeling to him. Even still there are other movie componys under disney such as Touchstone Pictures. If he wanted to really let his mind go he could direct some of there movies. I would also try and give him as much say as what goes on with the muppets as posable I feel that a person like Frank Oz needs to feel freedom and control.
I would also like to try to make a deal with at least tv land to see about getting the muppet show on tv once again. That would help "introduce" the muppets so to speak. I have more latter as it comes to me>

King Prawn

Reaction score
If I were in charge i'd get down to two things. First making sure all classic Muppet Stuff is released on DVD plus getting some new merchandise out like Muppet plushs, snowglobes, statues small collactable items. the second thing i'd do is get down to writting a quality great funny Muppet Movie but I wouldn't advertise it so much as The Muppets in a movie but a movie with the Muppets, understand? I'd pretend this was lets say the first Shrek movie where the story is so entertaining you could use any characters and still people will sit down and watch it. I'd make sure Disney advertised the movie as if it were one of their animated classics or Pixar.Disney films.

After the first movie comes out and is hopefully sucessful i'd then concentrate on a tv show but very diffrent from what the Muppets usually do, every 2 or 3 seasons the format would change and the Muppets would be dealing with a new situation that season allowing the show to stay fresh and have the Muppet on air for possibly ten years. That would be my goal. In between i'd make sure 2 other Muppet movies would be released as well as a great christmas special or 2 (I Know there are plenty of Muppet Christmas specials, but i've got a great idea for one) plus maybe some direct to video releases.

Another thing I would love to try out, though I think many would object to this would be have Pixar make one of their movies using the Muppet chracters. That way if the Muppets are busy with a TV show or another project(by this I mean the puppets and muppeteers). Though i'd only do that once or twice so that the true Muppets are the puppet versions. although a scfi cgi pig in space tv show would be cool.

I'd also have the Muppets appear on as many talk shows and guest spots as they can but I wouldn't keep it to just Kermit and Miss Piggy and make sure slowly all characters such as Dr. Teeth, Janice, Rowlf, Sam the Eagle, Bunsen & Beaker, Swedish Chef etc... are recognised by everyone.

:smile: