1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Beauregard, Jan 12, 2007.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I don't think there could be a better time to get the Muppets back out there. The world needs a new Muppet show right now, television needs REAL comedy, puns, sight gags, not dirty and mean jokes but MUPPET comedy. We need that now more than ever.

Go Muppets! :crazy: :D :flirt:

2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Call me optimistic and paint me green, but I agree with the Prawn. An influx of Muppet humour is vital in today's society. And also, I think the Mockumentary introduction leading up to a series could help with eliminating the "Muppet's = Muppet Babies" syndrome.

Go Muppet Penguins! :zany::zany::zany:

3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

:excited: A. NEW. MUPPET. SHOW!!!! or mini-series??!!! :excited: AHHHH and YOOOOOOoooooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!! :crazy:

4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I'm a Muppet Wiki member, and I found it on there while looking through the recently changed pages. From there, I told Cory... and Beau, but he's been doing a wonderful job hiding the fact he already knew about it. ;) Sarah, too.

5. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I got an email from a mysterious 'good-looker' on the forum. ^^ See if that's a big enough hint to figure out who told me. ;) By the way, which Sarah are you? Beau said you were an old member, but your account was just created last week? What was your old sn?

**cough** Um, not me... **hides her iPod**

Honestly though, I think the timing is really really good for this project. I don't know who else has noticed, but the muppets are slowly infiltrating their way back into tv and stuff, as if they're never been gone. Which, I guess, they haven't. How many times recently have we heard references to them on TV shows? (Family Guy and My Name is Earl come to mind first, but there have been others) Obviously they are important and nostalgic to alot of people.

The show first has to win over old fans. By that I mean the built-in fan base of pretty much anyone aged approx 15 and over who watched them in the past. I think that the idea sounds great, and that it will appeal to people who have watched them before. Next it has to appeal to new fans. And I think that by getting the right muppet chemistry, which old fans will love, it will reach to alot of new people too. So basically if this gets off the ground EVERYTHING WILL BE GREAT!!

SO much muppet loooove. :D

So now what I want to know, is WHO put this info on the muppet wiki in the first place?? Was it Danny or one of the TP/Wiki crew? Or was it someone who actually worked on the show and therefore knew all the info about it, like who had worked on it? Whoever it was, thank you!!
    Edit: confirmation! http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-muppet-series-in-development.html

6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

This sounds amazing so far. I can't wait to watch this thing grow.

7. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

My old SN was SarahHIYE. I was active from hmm IDK, 2001 - 2004? Then I deleted the email that went with the SN and poof! No more SN. Oops. I lurked for awhile but created the SN when I got really angry at all the Steve-bashing that was going on in a thread--and even some Dave-bashing--and meant to retaliate but then I chickened out haha. So instead I posted when I found this!

And I agree, the world definitely needs Muppet humor. A nice half-hour to just feel happy.

I'm at work and probably shouldn't be typing this... haha oh well!!!

8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... Bill Barretta? ;)

9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

lol. Nooooooo... he's a regular forum member.

10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Beau Beau? ;)

11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Cute, Justin.

I'm so good at keeping secrets :D

12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Who was it?

13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*seriously shifty eyes!*

Apparently...and don't quote me on this, it was the spouse of someone who worked on the show who has chosen to remain anonymous (an AnyFrog Source).

Bea:zany:{Go Muppets! :D :)}regard

14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Cute Justin? Why, thank you!

15. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

This thread just made my day :D :D :D

16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

If it's well written and has full support, it definately is a brilliant tactical move
    towards creating interest in a full new Muppet show. Good to see that the Muppets havent been relegated to merch/nostalgia only, and people behind the scenes are working hard to wait for the right time to bring out beloved Muppety pals back.

I agree. As much as I love Jim Henson Hour(and consider it my personal fave Muppet Show incarnation), I definately feel like its time to return to what made the Muppets all...well Muppety. Im not saying a new old Vaudeville theatre variety show exactly, but something with really fresh innovation mixed with warmth and a true return to the magic. Rowlf since the early 60's has been such a crucial part of the Muppets, he definately needs to come back to prominence. And they really need to get some good talent for writing both silly and deep songs.

That is definately one of the big factors in this possible new series.
    Disney realizes it's now imperative to reintroduce the characters, and not assume everyone remembers them. I think this is the PERFECT way to segueway into a real new Muppet show.

17. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

I've been saying it for a while now, but that is exactly why we are seeing Kermit, Miss Piggy, etc. more and more doing commercials andguest appearences to slowly reintroduce the Muppets back to the general public.

18. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Another really great thing about this presentation pilot is the mocumentary style itself. I hope Bill Barretta plays around with the style as well, because that's always entertaining. Did anyone see The Comeback? Probably not, most people didn't. But it was a really great show and the style was almost another character itself. It really added to a lot of the fun.

Oh, and if there are confessionals, I want to see Sam cry. Please.

19. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hey SarahOnBway did you help on this Muppet Mockumentary? :)

20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

CONFESSIONALS!! HAHA! What a WILD idea!! That would be so amazing!! Sam crying! HA! I could SO see a Fozzie confessional too! Haha, what an awesome idea.