Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Beauregard

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Who was it?
*seriously shifty eyes!*

PeppTalk said:
So now what I want to know, is WHO put this info on the muppet wiki in the first place?? Was it Danny or one of the TP/Wiki crew? Or was it someone who actually worked on the show and therefore knew all the info about it, like who had worked on it? Whoever it was, thank you!!
Apparently...and don't quote me on this, it was the spouse of someone who worked on the show who has chosen to remain anonymous (an AnyFrog Source).

Bea:zany:{Go Muppets! :big_grin: :smile:}regard

beaker

Reaction score
Leyla said:
A mini-series to lead into a show... wow... and the idea is really very solid. Mockumentaries are rife with opportunities for REALLY funny comedy...yes... I feel really good about this. I have a lot of non-muppet fan friends, and I think a funny mockumentary would be just the sort of thing to pique their interest... yeah, they'd like that, and they aren't fans.

Wow... this could really do it... oh, I'm thrilled.
If it's well written and has full support, it definately is a brilliant tactical move
towards creating interest in a full new Muppet show. Good to see that the Muppets havent been relegated to merch/nostalgia only, and people behind the scenes are working hard to wait for the right time to bring out beloved Muppety pals back.

SarahOnBway said:
Robin as teenager = Gobo Fraggle! hehe

The Muppets better sing. That was my biggest problem with MFS and WoO (I wish VMMCM had more songs, but I love 'Everyone Matters'). That's where they find a lot of heart--and also a lot of humor.

Since Rowlf is back, maybe once all the Muppets get together they can gather around the piano to sing? So it's more 'hey, let's sing' instead of a big doesn't-fit-with-the-style musical number?
I agree. As much as I love Jim Henson Hour(and consider it my personal fave Muppet Show incarnation), I definately feel like its time to return to what made the Muppets all...well Muppety. Im not saying a new old Vaudeville theatre variety show exactly, but something with really fresh innovation mixed with warmth and a true return to the magic. Rowlf since the early 60's has been such a crucial part of the Muppets, he definately needs to come back to prominence. And they really need to get some good talent for writing both silly and deep songs.

Beauregard said:
Something I was just thinking...this mini-series could be a great way of introducing the Muppets to the next generation. I have always maintained that if a new show was made, the characters would need to be reintroduced, rather than dragging them all out thinking that people will shout, "There's BEAU!" "There's Johnny!" "There's BEAKER!" (Fans will...obviously) But new people will need reintroducing to the dynamic, even between people like Piggy, Gonzo, Camilla, etc.
That is definately one of the big factors in this possible new series.
Disney realizes it's now imperative to reintroduce the characters, and not assume everyone remembers them. I think this is the PERFECT way to segueway into a real new Muppet show.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
beaker said:
That is definately one of the big factors in this possible new series.
Disney realizes it's now imperative to reintroduce the characters, and not assume everyone remembers them. I think this is the PERFECT way to segueway into a real new Muppet show.
I've been saying it for a while now, but that is exactly why we are seeing Kermit, Miss Piggy, etc. more and more doing commercials andguest appearences to slowly reintroduce the Muppets back to the general public.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Another really great thing about this presentation pilot is the mocumentary style itself. I hope Bill Barretta plays around with the style as well, because that's always entertaining. Did anyone see The Comeback? Probably not, most people didn't. But it was a really great show and the style was almost another character itself. It really added to a lot of the fun.

Oh, and if there are confessionals, I want to see Sam cry. Please.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:
Another really great thing about this presentation pilot is the mocumentary style itself. I hope Bill Barretta plays around with the style as well, because that's always entertaining. Did anyone see The Comeback? Probably not, most people didn't. But it was a really great show and the style was almost another character itself. It really added to a lot of the fun.

Oh, and if there are confessionals, I want to see Sam cry. Please.

hey SarahOnBway did you help on this Muppet Mockumentary? :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
CONFESSIONALS!! HAHA! What a WILD idea!! That would be so amazing!! Sam crying! HA! I could SO see a Fozzie confessional too! Haha, what an awesome idea.