Muppet Movie on Nickelodeon this Sunday!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
If the magazine you are saying is from the 6 to the 12, then if would have had to have showed on the 9th, since that was a saturday.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, while I did catch ET, I'm not exactly sure what day Nickelodeon Theater comes on, But it did say on a Sunday witch of course would have been the tenth. I'm assuming them but I don't know? :stick_out_tongue:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I hate to burst everyone's bubble here but...The Muppet Movie did not air (and is not planned to air) on Nickelodeon.

After some minor sluthing, I found that The Muppet Movie was shown in the Nickelodeon Theatre on Sunday, August 9th. Now that's not a special programming block on the Nickelodeon TV network, but rather The Nickelodeon Theatre is a small theater house located in Columbia, South Carolina (and is in no way affiliated with the TV station of the same name). A lot of small movie houses and film societies around the nation have being holding special screenings of the film recently (thanks in part to the Jim Henson Legacy).

So what you may have seen in your local paper was that The Muppet Movie was being shown in the Nickelodeon Theatre on Sunday, however they were not talking about an airing on the Nickelodeon television network but rather a screening in a small 70-seat theater in downtown Columbia, SC.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ah! I see! Thank you for clearing that up Greg! Sheesh... Who calls moving theaters by that name anymore.:stick_out_tongue: Anyway, still glad they were playing it! I wish I knew what they were taking about so I could have gone.:stick_out_tongue: Almost lucky me, heh! Apologies for the mix up everyone! *sinks in his seat*:embarrassed:

I don't know why my calender has Sunday on the tenth?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yes, but during that time, Disney didn't own the Muppets.

I'm surpised by this, esp since their was that thread about someone wanting everyone here to sign to bring the Muppet Show on TVland, I stated on the thread they it couldn't happen, but after hearing about this, maybe it could.:confused:
Yeah but who owns what doesn't always dictate what channel something will air unless it's specifically produced by that channel like original SciFi Channel movies, etc.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Saturaday...sunday...it doesnt matter, the point is it was showing in a theatre. But I can see how you could get it mixed up with the station XD

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah but who owns what doesn't always dictate what channel something will air unless it's specifically produced by that channel like original SciFi Channel movies, etc.
Yeah but they won't be able to air it without the rights from Disney, which I don't think is going to happen ever (which now I stand by again, since we know it's not airing on the channel.)

I would love to see this movie in a theather I must say.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Saturday...Sunday...it doesn't matter, the point is it was showing in a theater. But I can see how you could get it mixed up with the station XD
Well Greg said the date too so don't feel to bad.:cool:

By that way? The name of this thread is misleading. Could somebody please change it?:embarrassed: