1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

~ Muppet Musique ~ (Updates)

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Sylinde Bren, Sep 20, 2005.

1. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

I think you're doing the right thing by keeping the page up. As they said on the TP forum, it was, after all, a public memorial. None of us who visit Muppet Musique would ever exploit the service and it was such a cathartic experience for all of us to listen to it...

So thank you, again.

Ooh and I'm excited for more Fraggle and Muppet songs!
  2. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I thought your collection of music tracks from the Fraggle Rock series was complete Sylinde. You mean you've dragged up more from somewhere? Well that is exciting. Can't wait. :D
  3. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Member

Hmm, nope. :) I've got 4 official Fraggle Rock recordings to add plus I intend to replace the Season 1 and Season 2 songs with higher-quality versions taken direct from the DVD box sets. ;)
  4. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Awesome...
  5. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Sylinde, That's great!
    I've just listend to the track from the memorial service of Bring Him Home. - It's the first time I've read anywhere of Louise singing that song at the memorial service. But it so clearly is her singing! Even if you hadn't labelled it, I've recognised her at once.

RedBoobergurl commented that they'd never heard Louise Gold sing like that before. - Well actually, while Louise is maybe singing in a manner that sounds unusual compared to a lot of her Muppet performances. She's actually singing at what I think is her most natural. It's noticable she's using her own normal accent. It's like she's not trying to be a particular character. In a way her manner of doing this song is very like when she's doing stuff in her cabaret act. She's singing more or less as herself. Then this was a live piece, whereas so much of her Muppet stuff is in a recording studio, it might make a difference as to how she handles it vocally. Using the raw power of her big belt voice, and then going soft and tender at the very end. Although I have heard things where she's used her voice a bit like that on recordings (well when she sang at the end of a radio play 'Into Exile' she sang rather like that - but then it fitted the character she was being).
  6. It's amazing to hear Jim Henson's memorial service. Like so many of us on here, I grew up watching Jim's creations on TV and listening to the Muppet records and I almost felt as if I knew him. Listening to the memorial, even tho it's 17 years on, it makes me feel like I am part of it somehow.
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I think i know which one your refuring too. Is it called "Hugga Wagga?" One (like you said) blows smoke and then the other one would sing "My only Sunshine" song. Is that the one your thinking of?
  8. Trollheart

Trollheart New Member

That does sound familiar, but all I can really remember is the monsters popping up out of craters going "Muggatrop!" Could be it though; I'll have a look around for that.
    Thx!
    TH
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi Trollheart and welcome to MC. Actually, based on your description of the sketch, I'd have to disagree with Kyle's suggestion. It's a good guess, but going by your description, I'd say you're thinking more of the sketch with the Merdlidops from the Dom DeLouise TMS episode.

Dom plays the role of an astronaut who's just arrived on the surface of Planet Koozbane. The Merdlidops pop out of their holes with a systematic steam whistle and cry "Merdlidop!" before going back down. Intrigued by the critters, Dom sets about to investigate the matter. These aliens have fun with him, steaming him, and even stealing his watch. When Dom attempts to retrieve his timepiece, he gets grabbed himself when grabbing one of the Merdlidops, to the point he gets sucked down the hole and becomes another member of the workcrew, his head emerging from one of the craters instead.
    This episode is part of Season 2 and will be included in the TMS Season 2 DVD box set released later this year in August.

Additionally, Palisades Toys (makers of the great Muppets line of action figures) released a figure of Koozbane Kermit, Kermit in his reporter's trenchcoat only. This figure included a Planet Koozbane base with two Merdlidops sculpted and painted as part of the set, as non-removable non-articulated PVC figures.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.
  10. Trollheart

Trollheart New Member

Thanx Count!
    Yes, that sounds much more like it: in fact, I'm sure it is.
    I also checked out a clip of the other one, and knew right away it wasn't the one I was looking for. Now that you mention Dom DeLuise, I can see him in the sketch, so I'm pretty sure that's the one.
    Now all I need is to find it somewhere...!
    Thx for your help (and very quickly, too!)! :)
    TH
  11. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Trollheart thats THE MERDLIDOPS from the Dom DeLuise episode of The Muppet Show.
  12. Trollheart

Trollheart New Member

Muggatrop?

Seeing as how you seem to be the guru on Muppet music, perhaps you can help me.
    One of the episodes (sorry, dont know which one: I was a lot younger at the time!) there was this sketch, set on a moon-like planetoid, where little coloured monsters popped up out of craters. One would pop up and say something like "Muggatrop!" and the disappear (I think) to be replaced by another who would blow steam out of either a pipe in its mouth or the top of its head, and make a sound like "Breep!"
    I'd love to get the clip, but not knowing the name of the "song" I can't properly search for it.
    Any ideas?
    The monsters were very cute, if that helps, and I think had googly eyes (duh!) and thickish lips, were covered in fur and all bright colours (red/pink/purple).
    Thanks for any help.
    Troll
    :)
  13. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Trollheart, it sounds like you are thinking of "Hugga Wugga". Check it out on the muppet wiki here. It's not the best picture I've seen but the description is very good. :) There is another picture from the Muppet Central guide to the Phyllis Diller episode, it's about 3 quarters of the way down.
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Uh Mrs. P... You might want to check the posts above Troll heart's where we supplied further answers as to what sketch it is that's being called into question. Hope this helps though.
  15. Davina

Davina Member

Mrs Pepper probably has them in a weird order, like i do.. took me a while to figure out what was going on.. all the responses are listed before the original question for me...
  16. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Is the site gone for everyone?
  17. fivefingers

fivefingers New Member

Yeh its gone :(

Oh well it was good whilst it lasted!
  18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

WHAT? It's GONE? No! Oh... wow... I'm glad I got the songs I wanted off it but... wow... so many of my songs were from this site... wow... this is a sad, sad day in Muppet history... rest in peace, Muppet Musique...
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

The Funural of "Music Musique" is now beginning.

Me: *standing at the podium* We knew this place as if it was our own fun and joy. But we never knew it would come to this. We loved it. We couldn't get enough of it. We just.....what else. We loved it. But now it's no longer with us. It left in such a hurry and very young too. (whispers to Ryan) How old was it?
  20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*blink* *reaches for calculator* ...Not very?