Muppet parody puppets on Crank Yankers

leliebel

Reaction score
I personally like Crank Yankers, I like humor that goes over the line sometimes. I dislike overly politically correct humor, like Disney's. Muppet's have always gone a bit farther than them.

And parody is a form of flattery anyway.

Does anyone have screenshots of this? I'd love to see it. I only saw a few episodes and it isn't aired in the netherlands anymore.

leliebel

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I already posted this over in the puppetry forum, but speaking of Muppet parodies/replicas ~ http://www.bear-town.com/backstage_pages/video_berniechess.htm (the video on the page may take a few minutes to load if you have a slow connection).

This is an old clip from something I was involved with back around `98.
Buck-Beaver has escaped!

lol :big_grin: Bernie and Bernie are hilarious!

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Attempting a quote w/in a quote

sarah_yzma said:
Super Scooter said:
"Elmo knows where you live!"
i'm having nightmares tonight!!!!

Sarah
Not me! I'm not going to sleep... Elmo'll eat me... can't sleep... Elmo'll eat me...
:stick_out_tongue:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
Hey that pig would really look like Peter Mansbridge if you were to get him suit coat and a few tufts of hair just over the ears. Post a pic or 2 of him when your done Buck. Pleeeeease
Thanks, I'm going to be putting pics of him and a slew of other puppets I've been doing up in the next little while. Right now there are a bunch (including the Peter Manspork puppet) that are 80-90% done. I actually haven't worked on him since I took that picture. :embarrassed:

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
I saw those parody puppets on Crank Yankers, outside the doors of 321. The Kermit parody didn't even remotely resemble Kermit and the Big Bird parody looked like him, but was poorly designed -- you could SEE feathers falling off it.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Lone Wolf said:
I saw those parody puppets on Crank Yankers, outside the doors of 321. The Kermit parody didn't even remotely resemble Kermit and the Big Bird parody looked like him, but was poorly designed -- you could SEE feathers falling off it.
*rolling on the floor laughing*

Maybe it was molting season? :stick_out_tongue:

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Lone Wolf said:
Did it ever cross your mind that the feathers falling off might have been part of the "gag"?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
MrsKalabash said:
What do you expect? All the Crank Yankers puppets are ugly. Poorly made, muppet rip-offs. IMO, if you're going to make fun of something, do it with skill.
Hehe. It might be nice to point out that the man who made some of the Crank Yankers puppets has been known to check out these boards ocassionally. In fact, he's the same guy who made the puppets for Avenue Q, and has performed on numerous ocassions on Sesame Street.... hmmmmmmmm.

You can visit his website at www.ricklyon.com

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
*laughing even harder*

I was going to mention something like that, but decided to stay out of this one. :big_grin: