1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet-Puppet Replicas on Ebay

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by Medbe Monster, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Medbe Monster

Medbe Monster New Member

2. goodrastus

goodrastus New Member

They have been selling those for months and months - I have bid on several of Jarrod's puppets and actually one won of them. All that time when I did searches, Beaker and Animal replicas have come up in the search
  3. David French

David French Member

I can't see any reason why it would be illegal. They're his own creations and he's not claiming that they are the original puppets.
  4. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

They are not hi own creations. They are characters created by Jim Henson and currently owned by Disney. It is illegal to sell them whether he says they are "real" or not. It's why companies like Master Replicas need to pay companies like Disney money in order to make and sell replicas. You can't just decide to sell replicas of someone elses intelectual property. You could amke your own, but you can't make money by selling them or using them in a show of some kind.
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Ooh, that's ba-aaad...:eek:

Those things are so off, lol!!! But That kermit is not that bad, though.
  6. Kaiser Gonzo

Kaiser Gonzo New Member

these puppets look great
    if i didnt kno any better id have thought that this ad actually worked for henson.
    the gonzo looks class
  7. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

No...they stink compared to the real thing. They look like crappy knock offs, which they are.
  8. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

This has been discussed in great depth already on this and other forums.
  9. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Excellent post MWoO. Couldn't have said it better. Whether they look great or not isn't the point. They are illegal copies of somebody elses intellectual properties, which are protected under the law! :attitude:
  10. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I wouldl ove to buy an illegally made muppet replica is it was good and cheap, but not one of these expensive things that aren't even real looking. Still illegal though....I would just be ok with breaking that law, though I'm not actualy sure if it would be illegal to buy these.
  11. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I agree--definitely illegal and suspect. If I could build these myself, I would have no problem with creating them for my own enjoyment. But these really are copyright infringement.

Still, I do think they look pretty good. I especially like the Beaker one. It's almost worth it... The person making these is talented, but selling them for a profit? Not so great.
  12. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

13. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Wow, the Piggy is a beauty. Not a bad puppet, even if it may be illegal. :rolleyes:
  14. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Nice stuff...........shame its illegal. Hey do you think he will sell them cheaper as they are illegal, maybe we could blackmail him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  15. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

They have all gone
  16. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I saw the Piggy before it was taken down and it looked interesting but like all the others it was off enough to not be good.
  17. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

18. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

Piggy in profile looks good, but from front on...there's something not quite right.

Would love to see what this guy could do with Fozzie - mostly out of curiosity, but I could be moved to bid on him (since I really doubt we'll get him from Master Replicas)
  19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I don't want to see what this guy can do with Fozzie! I'd be too tempted, and a $1000 price tag is way too much for me.

Beautifully crafted replicas. I failed to notice, but are these listed as replicas? Anyway, I don't have a problem with folks selling replicas, but I sure do wish if they're going to do that they wouldn't sell them so dang expensively, and would at least offer some of the proceeds to charity.
  20. Bein Green

Bein Green New Member

Not bad, but good heavens- A THOUSAND DOLLARS for a "Kermit" that looks... a bit off? Wow. I remember back in the day (1970s with Star Trek and Star Wars stuff) when bootlegs cost LESS than real deals!