Muppet-Puppet Replicas on Ebay

Jinx

Reaction score
Sadly, ebay does indeed bring the unscrupulous ones to the surface. There is a troll on there who sells a saxophone harness that he claims to have "developed" when it is plain and obvious to see that it is a poor copy of one designed and manufactured by the company I work for.

This particular jerk seems to think very highly of himself and his opinions, as does Amicus (ironically, a word meaning "friendly"), and lives in a very, very tiny world where he is the only one who matters, and there is no accountability to others.

Such small-minded persons are to be pitied as much as censured. They are also the personality types who are or become conspiracy theorists who are utterly convinved that they "know" the secrets of life. HA!

Nick

Reaction score
Yeah ok... Well we will be waiting to see those pics... Being a proud owner of two look alikes, you will obviously want to show them off!

spcglider

Reaction score
Ever so interested.

Time to put your money where your mouth is, Big A.

-Gordon

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Please, everyone who is offended by Amicus' posts, put him on your ignore list.

Amicus: Your attitude in this thread is negative and horrendous. This is your ONLY request to behave more positive and constructively on these forums. Over 2 pages of this thread have had you making posts as if you're calling someone out, trolling to start a fight and I will not have that happening.

If you want to buy these things, go buy them. Spend your money. It doesn't hurt any of us. When a major company like Master Replicas visits these boards, however, and participate with the fans I will NOT allow you or anyone to talk so negatively about them. There aren't any other companies who are kind enough to get fan feed-back on products they're selling us!

Furthermore, you have no idea who you are talking to on these message boards. There are several of these guys here who have worked with constructing and performing Muppets, and one such is working alongside Master Replicas.

Your negative posts have carried on long enough. Time to stop.

Everyone else, do not reply to him on this topic, please.

spcglider

Reaction score
Whoever it is that's making the puppets is doing just-fine work. That's really not the issue, in my view. I've seen better and I've seen worse. It's really immaterial.

It is my position that such a cavalier attitude towards the intellectual property rights and licensing rights of anyone, from the individual artist to juggernauts like Disney, harms the integrity of forums like this one.

We do have people from Henson swing through here from time to time... as well as folks who work closely with the Henson organizations. I think the onus is ours to remember that we, as fans, are playing in someone else's "sandbox". We need to respect that and I feel we should remind those who do not that they risk our entire community by ignoring it.

If the legality of this sort of activity were NOT suspect, I surmise the auctions wouldn't have been removed from Ebay (as they have been now).

-Gordon

spcglider

Reaction score
Disney, MHC, The Jim Henson Company, and Sesame Workshop all know about this person (actually persons?). I am told they are working with their lawyers to build a case and gather information. When they get that taken care of, they will send a Cease and Desist Order. If the activity continues, they will press legal charges.

In the mean time, any profit garnered by making the illegal replicas will only count against the maker. The more money they make on these unlicensed replicas, the more damages MHC and Disney can hold them responsible for and the easier it will be to pin the guilt upon them.

So I hope they aren't spending that money. Because in the end, The Mouse is going to come with his high-pockets lawyers and take it all away.

-Gordon

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I have informed E Bay about the fakes so hopefully they will take them down........I hope you guys dont think I am sad for snitching on him but I think its a bit naughty.

spcglider

Reaction score
Like anyone, I urge you to do what your good conscience leads you to do.

-Gordon