Muppet-Puppet Replicas on Ebay

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wow. This guy must've stolen patterns from JHC or the Diz.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Wow. This guy must've stolen patterns from JHC or the Diz.
That's exactly what I say. He must've been around them somehow to get them so perfectly. Piggy is way too perfect and the materials are the same.

Gonzo and the rest are not THAT exact, but they certainly look good.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Maybe he bought the Piggy head that turned up on eBay a while back...I still say she's not perfect though, there's something about her eyes in the full-frontal shots (hmmm, something about that phrasing sounds a little suspect!) that isn't quite right.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
he's been around while, his auctions always get yanked off Ebay,

his knock off are ok, but not perfect, but i would not recomend him to anyone , he has no respect for the characters or thier creators since he flaunts his unauthoriezed creatoins for sale all over the place, he even has a myspace page set up

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Amicus said:
Dude, anyone who says anything negative about those is either:
A. Jelous that they can't build them theirselves, or:
B. Can't afford one and have to settle for one of the Master Craplica's versions.
LOL.
A) i could indeed build them, and make them more accurate, as well as use materials closer to the real thing,Ichoose not to, because i do not own these characters,and i have no need to keep a Kermit or Piggy in my bedroom.

B) I build puppets for a living "DUDE" ,i do not need to buy Knockoffs,i HAVE WORKED WITH THE REAL THINGS, his prices are low actually, priced to move like hot merchandise sold on the streets of NYC.

spcglider

Reaction score
Amicus said:
Dude, anyone who says anything negative about those is either:
A. Jelous that they can't build them theirselves, or:
B. Can't afford one and have to settle for one of the Master Craplica's versions.
LOL.

They're amazing, much better that the HORRIBLE looking French versions that are out now on that French Muppet Show thing they're wasting their time with.
This is about the first thing in 15 years of the Muppets that actually do them JUSTICE!! Seriously.
They're just puppets man! They're not drugs, if I buy one I don't think I'm exactly going to be considered a criminal, nor is the person that built one for me. The only crime is what the Muppets are producing now and as I mentioned the crap that Master Craplica's is passing off as a "MUPPET REPLCIA". All replica enthusiasts agree on that one.
And as for all the little good-hearted Disney collectors, they just want they're little Disney logo on it to match the already Crappy recent Disney animated movies they own in those big GOMPY white VHS cases. LOL.!!
Amicus,

As to the legality of this, you are beyond all doubt, absolutely wrong. Your correctness quotient in this matter is zero.

What this person is doing is infringing on the intellectual property of the Walt Disney Company and Muppet Holding Company.

I have spent many many hours discussing and researching intellectual property rights with qualified authorities (both scholarly and legal). And simply because this person has not yet received a Cease And Desist order or been thumped soundly by the Disney Legal Department in no way lessens the infraction.

I don't care how you feel about Disney, the current Muppets, MHC, or anyone else, but the fact is that what this person is doing is UNLAWFUL.

Period.

-Gordon

spcglider

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
he's been around while, his auctions always get yanked off Ebay,

his knock off are ok, but not perfect, but i would not recomend him to anyone , he has no respect for the characters or thier creators since he flaunts his unauthoriezed creatoins for sale all over the place, he even has a myspace page set up
Frankly, I would be wary of bidding on his auctions anyway... he has only ONE feedback. Which most likely means he's been shut out of eBay in the past and has simply created a new account.

You want to know why Disney's legal department is so wicked? THIS GUY is a perfect example.

-Gordon

spcglider

Reaction score
Amicus said:
Thanks Gordon for your insight but your insight here means ZILCH, save it for the legal forum you must frequent. Lol.
Can't wait to get my Ernie and Bert puppets! Thanks to you "ravagefrackle" for convincing me to buy it too! Without your insight on the great prices and comparing these to your chickens I don't think I would have sprung for them!
Guys, thanks to you both, really.:wink:
So, how much of a kickback is this guy giving you to shill his puppets here on the MuppetCentral forum? Or, are YOU the guy who's selling these unlicensed replicas?

just for interest's sake, tell me, what other laws do you break for the sake of greed?

You're obviously suffering classic fan entitlement complex. For reasons unknown, you appear to think that you DESERVE to be able to step on other's rights just to satisfy the desire to own a perfect likeness of a Muppet. I won't speculate here what it is that you might do with it once you have it.

And my insight isn't just mine... it happens to be the law. That makes it YOUR insight too. Whether you agree with it or not. That's not zilch.

-Gordon