Muppet Robin Hood comic coming April 29, 2009

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, has anybody got their copy yet? The Muppet Wiki page doesn't seem to have updated info (in fact, it still lists it as "in development").

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My comic shop said that Robin Hood had been ambiguously delayed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if there's a reason why, or we'll get an exact date on it. If it has been delayed, I have to say... I'm relieved. I didn't have the money to buy both this week.

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
I e-mailed Boom to see what the release date of Muppets Robin Hood #1 is. I got the reply that there is not an exact release date at this time. I don't imagine its a bad omen, maybe they will push it back to run in between the current mini and the Peg Leg mini, that way the market isn't flooded and we get a monthly Muppet comic fix.

Amy

Reaction score
I can't add anything more to that for confidentiality reasons, but it IS coming out, don't worry.

It hasn't been cancelled or anything scary like that.

I've read some of the scripts and it's VERY funny. I think you'll all enjoy it :smile:

The Kermit-Sam sword fight cover for Issue 4 is mine. It's finally up on Muppet wiki, yaaaay!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Kermit-Sam sword fight cover for Issue 4 is mine. It's finally up on Muppet wiki, yaaaay!
That is GORGEOUS! I love it! Hysterically funny and just beautiful. I love Sam's design and Kermit's facial expression. The feathers are a great touch. Your work is very commendable! Love it!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can't add anything more to that for confidentiality reasons, but it IS coming out, don't worry.

It hasn't been cancelled or anything scary like that.

I've read some of the scripts and it's VERY funny. I think you'll all enjoy it :smile:

Love the expressions! The bend of Kermit's elbow is exactly like the puppet. :smile:

SwordKing

Reaction score
I'm sorry. But the idea of Sam and Gonzo as villains, even comical ones, does not sit well with me.:boo:

The Sheriff of Nottingham should be either a human, or a Muppet "made"(or drawn rather) especially for that role.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. But the idea of Sam and Gonzo as villains, even comical ones, does not sit well with me.:boo:

The Sheriff of Nottingham should be either a human, or a Muppet "made"(or drawn rather) especially for that role.
But in the Muppet Show days Gonzo always played villains. However - Uncle Deadly would be a lot more fun and less on-the-hooked-nose. :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, I don't like how Sam is Prince John... Sam seems more likely to be the King. I think that Pepe would have filled the role much, much better, as an egotistical, easily corruptible leader. Sam seems too Patriotic, and country before everything else to me.

Amy, you're cover is kickin! That's what I love about these comics... we see all these great different Muppet styles, and yours has a wonderful Storybook quality that really takes heart the original designs of the Muppet characters, but flexible enough to work as a drawing.

I especially love that human hand holding the book.