1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"Muppet Rockumentary" in the works

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, Sep 20, 2005.

1. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

give us our mayhem

I can see it now...

:halo: PLAY ROCK! PLAY ROCK!

:D hey Animal. Seems we need a guitarist

:sing: Ya looking for a guitarist?

DT: Why, yes, we were.

FP: Yeah, man. I just got out from my last gig as a guitarist in the orchestra pit of a big-time musical: the sound of music. I wanna rock, man!

DT: wow, a real cultured guitarist (looks at Animal) where there is no culture...

Animal: CUL-TURE! CUL-TURE!

Sorry, got carried away...

BJ

2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I can't wait, sounds cool.

3. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Is this still ago with all the changes at Disney?

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I thought it was 7 years?

5. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I will have to do some research on that I could have sworn it wasa only 3 but you know your stuff. I will try to find it.

6. Fozzie Bear

I will probably be proved wrong, though. I have been known to be wrong on many occasions! :)

7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

where would I find that information?

8. Fozzie Bear

Probably in the articles section of the MC Website.

9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The deal includes a four-year consulting arrangement with the Jim Henson Co. to provide strategic advice on the use of the characters and a three-year production deal to develop movies and television shows. However the terms of the partnership could be extended if both parties agree.[/FONT]

10. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Thank you for clarifying Gelfing

11. Fozzie Bear

Thanks for letting us know that!

12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Does that mean that after these deals are up (and, for the purposes of this question, are not renewed) that they go back to the JHC, or stay with Disney?

13. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

In April 2008 the four-year consulting arrangement with the Jim Henson Co. will end. Until April 2008, Disney is obligated to work with Henson to get strategic advice on the use of the characters. This was to help keep the character integrity intact for the transition and to help the new people treat the Muppets "right". After the consulting arrangement ends Disney can either a) renew it and keep working with Henson for advice and overseeing; or b) they can stop working with Henson and make their own decisions on the characters and production plans.

In April 2007 the three-year production deal to develop movies and television shows ends. This means until 2007, the people at Henson are obligated to help with the production and development of new movies/TV shows. After 2007, Disney can choose to keep working with Henson to make Muppet productions (which seems likely as of now; unless Henson does something to tick Disney off). But come 2007, Disney could choose to develop and produce things on their own, with a diffrent production company.

After these deals are up the characters, ownership, and control stays with Disney (they bought the Muppets), these were set up to help in the transition period. Henson was legal obligated to help transition the characters and continue to support, develop, and oversee things while Disney got to know the Muppets. This was to help Disney get a proper persepective on the characters, productions, and works; without the Muppet world coming to a hault for the new owners to get onboard.

Even after 2008, its pretty certin that the two will still work together. It is unlikely that The Muppet Holding Company will break all ties with Henson (even if it is just to make puppets, film productions, and gain access to the archives).

14. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

That all makes sence. My worry is that Disney just stops using the Muppets all together