Muppet Science Theater 4000

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Okay everyone, you know your roles, on with the show! Graily paily puddin' and pie, if you'll start me off, Matt Nelson will continue this beautifully fun MST3K parody.

(Anyone who doesn't know what the heck this is about, go into the Golden Muffin Awards thread and read the last page. We've got a good amount of MSTies here too...and I thought I was the only one! :smile:)

btw...Nate got the Bobo spot. Congratz Nate! :big_grin:

-Matt

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Okay - I know I'm some character called Gypsy but what am I meant to be like. Can I make trouble? Am I good-looking?

Help me out here Matt!!!!!!

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Okay everyone, you know your roles, on with the show! Graily paily puddin' and pie, if you'll start me off, Matt Nelson will continue this beautifully fun MST3K parody.
apparantly our "guests" require a refresher on the rules of our little game. very well, Matt...tell the pawns following along at home exactly how they're supposed to move around my board.

and if you ever call me that again, i will unleash upon you the full force of...

THE DANCING COMEDIAN!!! *cue musical sting*

just you remember that...now push the button Zack, it's time to get this show underway...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL, dear god grail that Av. is amazing. Okay, here is the way stuff works:

Me (Matt Nelson) - I am basically the test subject in an experement conducted by the evil scientist grail. He will be inflicting pain upon me by subjecting me to a series of bad jokes in this case. I, along with my sidekicks (Byron and Sunshine) will attempt to make fun of these horrible jokes. The premiss of this is based on the best television show of all time, Mystery Science Theater 3000, in which a test subject and his robot pals are subjected to a horrible movie, which they make fun of relentlessly.

Byron (Tom Servo) - Tom's jokes are usually pretty literal. His quips are cerebral, and fine tuned for the thinking persons sense of humor. Why I chose Byron for this task is beyond me :big_grin: hehe.

Sunshine (Crow T. Robot) - Crow's a wise-cracker. His jokes are usually very obscure and irreverent. Sunshine fits this position perfectly, being that Crow has made a rubber chicken joke more than once in his career. :smile:

Amy (Gypsy) - Gypsy is kind of the mothly figure of the group. On the TV show, she is the captain of the space ship the test subjects are on. She is occupied with that most of the time, but she is present sometimes for what are called "Host Segments," which are times where the cast is not in the movie theater watching the movie. In our case it would be the times between bad jokes, where we just goof around. Gypsy is a robot, but she is a very pretty one, Amy. At one time Servo had a crush on her. :big_grin:

Phillip (Cambot) - Cambot basically films the program. He is just a camera, but he also cues music, effects, film clips, and pyrotechnics. I thought Phil would be prefect for this role, being he watches over everything and usually stays out of stuff unless called upon, much like Cambot.

Mike (Dr. Clayton Forrester) - Dr. Forrester is the first evil scientist to hold the previously mentioned crew hostage. He adminesters the horrid jokes, and is all around an evil guy.

Zack (TVs Frank) - Frank is Doc's sidekick. He is often an advocate of the doctors, and is hurt regularly. He is a funny little man, as is Zack, so I thought it would be perfect. :smile:

Jackie (Pearl Forrester) - Pearl is Clayton's mother, and later becomes the person who adminesters the bad jokes. So basically for our version, you both can throw bad jokes out, and both me the evil villians simaltaniously.

Billy (Observer "Brain Guy") - The Observer is a very proper character. He is a sidekick of Pearl Forrester. Tecnically his is only a brain, but he takes human form for the purposes of the experiment. He carries a brain in a pan with him at all times.

Nate (Professor Bobo) - Bobo is an ape. He is also a proffesor. He stowed away with Pearl and Brain Guy when they went to the future, where apes rulled the world. He is a profoundly stupid ape (no offense Nate).

So, here's how it breaks down:

Mike and Jackie throw out the bad jokes. The also inflict pain upon their sidekicks (Mike gets Zack, Jackie geys Billy and Nate). Myself, Byron and Sunshine riff on the jokes. Fun is had by all. Phillip watches to make sure noone gets hurt.

And with that, let the Muppet Science Theater 4000 BEGIN!

-Matt

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Okay - I like the bit about Servo having a crush on Gypsy. And because I'm the captain that makes me the Boss!!!! I just love being in charge.

so everyone - do as I say!! (not as I do :big_grin: )

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Amy
Okay - I like the bit about Servo having a crush on Gypsy.
Eek! :eek: I didn't know there'd be romance in this darn thing!

Then again, you did say you have Proud Heart Cat for me...LOL! :stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, you'll both be happy to know nothing ever became of that. Although since this is technically sn RP, you can do whatever you'd like. So please, love. Give it a chance, if only through your robots. :smile:

-Matt

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Eek! I didn't know there'd be romance in this darn thing!
Don't forget good shows went downhill when the romantic tensions were finally acted upon. Moonlighting, anyone?

beaker

Reaction score
They actually have a 'Muppet ST3K' of sorts, click on the video commentary on MFS dvd...pretty nifty feature!