Muppet Science Theater 4000

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Eek! :eek: I didn't know there'd be romance in this darn thing!

Then again, you did say you have Proud Heart Cat for me...LOL! :stick_out_tongue:
Don't panic about the romance thing Bryon!! A romance between robots seems a little strange anyway!!

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Amy (Gypsy) - Gypsy is kind of the mothly figure of the group. On the TV show, she is the captain of the space ship the test subjects are on. She is occupied with that most of the time, but she is present sometimes for what are called "Host Segments," which are times where the cast is not in the movie theater watching the movie.
I think perhaps that would be "motherly"?
Also Gypsy wasn't the captain as much as she just kept things running. Distracting her by making her watch the movie would cause things to stop working like gravity, or oxygen, or something.
And she had a thing for Richard Basehart.
Which reminds me, can anyone else watch Sex in the City without singing Servo's Kim Catrall song?

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Amy
Don't panic about the romance thing Bryon!! A romance between robots seems a little strange anyway!!
It could be worse...it could be between a robot and a turtle or something...

You know, I feel kind of left out! Therefore, I think I'm going to claim the part of Dr. Larry Erhardt!
So there!
:stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels
I think perhaps that would be "motherly"?
Also Gypsy wasn't the captain as much as she just kept things running. Distracting her by making her watch the movie would cause things to stop working like gravity, or oxygen, or something.
And she had a thing for Richard Basehart.
Which reminds me, can anyone else watch Sex in the City without singing Servo's Kim Catrall song?
Yes, motherly, my mistake. That was a bit of a lengthy post, so I think I am allowed a typo or two. :smile: Well, she is described in many an episode as being the pilot of the ship (guiding its controlled orbit, as it was), and as seen in MST3K: TM, she does actually control it all in a captainly manner. She could take time off to watch the movie if she wanted to (as she did in one episode, name is escaping me, where she did actually sit in the studio for a little while), but she just doesn't because A) she does have to run the ship and B) She isn't very good at sitting through the bad movies or riffing. Yes she does love Richard Basehart, with an undying passion. She's such a fun lil robot.

Btw towels, Kim Catrall was Crow's thing, not Tom. :smile: (Glad to see I'm not the only MST fan on here)

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
(Glad to see I'm not the only MST fan on here)
what am i? chopped liver? i do have a problem though, that i need to sort out before we get underway. and that is that most of the bad jokes i know are unrepeatable in this forum. so i have a proposition (not THAT kind of proposition, perv) what if i go find some truly useless rantings online, and post them, a bit at a time, giving everyone a chance to comment between posts? sounds like a plan?

and towels, didn't i see you on the back of a milk carton?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Okay sorry, correction: Glad to seem there are more MST fans than just myself and grailie boy. :smile: All better.

Yeah, I think that the endless rant would be a good way to do it. Then we could isolate whatever we'd like to riff on with the quote option so it'd be less confusing. So, start talking your evilness!

-Matt

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
and towels, didn't i see you on the back of a milk carton?
I'm not sure...I don't drink as much milk anymore since the Missus switched to 1%...
well, that and the fact that Trix changed from puffs to fruit shapes. It makes the flavor more concentrated, and less appetizing. Plus I see no problem with giving some to the dang bunny.

towels

Reaction score
Yes, motherly, my mistake. That was a bit of a lengthy post, so I think I am allowed a typo or two. :smile: Well, she is described in many an episode as being the pilot of the ship (guiding its controlled orbit, as it was), and as seen in MST3K: TM, she does actually control it all in a captainly manner. She could take time off to watch the movie if she wanted to (as she did in one episode, name is escaping me, where she did actually sit in the studio for a little while), but she just doesn't because A) she does have to run the ship and B) She isn't very good at sitting through the bad movies or riffing. Yes she does love Richard Basehart, with an undying passion. She's such a fun lil robot.

Btw towels, Kim Catrall was Crow's thing, not Tom. :smile: (Glad to see I'm not the only MST fan on here)

-Matt
Personally, imagining gypsy as mothly was amusing. All kinds of clothes running for cover, mothballs the size of bowling balls, etc.
And although she is tied in to the "higher functions" of the ship, she's no comparison to Kirk. She can't boss the others around (although she did tell them to bite her in the Soultaker episode where Joel came back). The episodes where she was in the theater were 112-Untamed Youth, and 207-Wild Rebels.
A great site for all kinds of info is Satellite News.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Questions brought to me (Crow T. Robot) on my old show's website MST3K:

Can you tell us your recipe for happiness? No.

I ask again, can you tell us your recipe for happiness? No! Please, leave me alone or I'll call security.

MOre to follow