Muppet Show on Sesame Street

LadyVader

Reaction score
Other that Kermit did any other Muppet show star go to Sesame street to just make a an appearance?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
LadyVader said:
Other that Kermit did any other Muppet show star go to Sesame street to just make a an appearance?
nope! but the Sesame Street Muppets did visit the Muppet Show Muppets a few times! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Beautiful Day Monster was seen on both TMS and the earlier seasons of SS, in one famous Kermit letter lectures where Beautiful Day Monster kept eating the letter B turning it into other letters.

Rowlf The Dog also appeared, counting up nine lights in The Song of the Number 9 Falling Baker segment.

Hope this helps.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No, and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I wish she would be.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
The Count's listed the only appearances from "The Muppet Show" characters on Sesame Street that I know of. However, though Beautiful Day Monster and Rowlf and Kermit were the only ones to make appearances on Sesame Street- there have been at least a couple of references to Miss Piggy on Sesame Street. In one of Kermit's reporter appearances, when he was on Old MacDonald's Farm, Kermit comments to a pig that she looks like someone he knows. In another sketch (and I'm not sure what this one was), there is actually a picture of Miss Piggy (with her 1st. season TMS looks) that can be seen in the background. I don't know if there's been any other references, but those are pretty funny.
I guess if Disney and Sesame Workshop were ever to decide to do it, they could still bring some more characters from The Muppet Show to guest star on Sesame Street.
I would personally love to see a return appearance from Kermit- and that would be plenty. But it might be really cool if the storyline involved him and the TMS gang doing a special show live from Sesame Street or something. Then they would definitely need to bring in Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Floyd, Janice, Animal, Lips, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Swedish Chef, Robin, Sam the Eagle, Statler, Waldorf and maybe even Crazy Harry and some of the monsters like Thog, Thig, Big Mama, Behemoth, etc.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
The Count's listed the only appearances from "The Muppet Show" characters on Sesame Street that I know of. However, though Beautiful Day Monster and Rowlf and Kermit were the only ones to make appearances on Sesame Street- there have been at least a couple of references to Miss Piggy on Sesame Street. In one of Kermit's reporter appearances, when he was on Old MacDonald's Farm, Kermit comments to a pig that she looks like someone he knows. In another sketch (and I'm not sure what this one was), there is actually a picture of Miss Piggy (with her 1st. season TMS looks) that can be seen in the background. I don't know if there's been any other references, but those are pretty funny.
I guess if Disney and Sesame Workshop were ever to decide to do it, they could still bring some more characters from The Muppet Show to guest star on Sesame Street.
I would personally love to see a return appearance from Kermit- and that would be plenty. But it might be really cool if the storyline involved him and the TMS gang doing a special show live from Sesame Street or something. Then they would definitely need to bring in Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Floyd, Janice, Animal, Lips, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Swedish Chef, Robin, Sam the Eagle, Statler, Waldorf and maybe even Crazy Harry and some of the monsters like Thog, Thig, Big Mama, Behemoth, etc.
BD was a regualer on SS's 1st season.

PiLfan

Reaction score
Mahna Mahna was on both sesame street and TMS...the only difference is he wore sunglasses when on the muppet show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes and no... Although the character of Mahna Mahna appeared on both shows, he was classically claimed as a TMS character. Subsequent appearances by the character on SS demanded it be a new character, so they gave him a pair of shades and blinking eyes and was named Bip Bippadotta. (Check the Muppet Listings thread for proper spelling).
Hope this helps.