Muppet Show on Sesame Street

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
orig wasn't Rowlf going to be a SS Muppet like Big Bird, Bert, Elmo? :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully can't say... Rowlf is practically Kermit's only true peer in terms of Muppet age since they're among the first iconic Muppets.
Rowlf was made for and starred in The Jimmy Dean Show, he appears with Kermit in a clip in the Jim Henson Tribute special where they come up with Sesame's name, and the Falling Baker clip mentioned above.
That's practically all I got. Hope this helps.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that Miss Piggy will appear on Sesame Street, since she has a bad temper and tends to karate-chop anyone who says something negative about pigs. Her occasional snippets of French might also confuse pre-kindergarten viewers...then again, other Muppets have stranger speech patterns (the Yip-Yip Martians and the Two-Headed Monster come to mind).

Like GonzoLeaper, I would love to see Kermit return to Sesame Street for at least one episode. Better yet, I'd love to see a mini-arc of episodes based on his visit, with a few classic song-clips thrown in: the Bayou Alphabet and the original version of "Bein' Green" should definitely rerun then, if Disney allowed Kermit to appear on Sesame Street that long.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Was There A Picture Of Her Or Somthing (miss Piggy)
Yeah; I posted this somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. I don't know what episode it's from, but that's the closest she ever got to the Street.
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
orig wasn't Rowlf going to be a SS Muppet like Big Bird, Bert, Elmo? :confused:
Rowlf was used in the SS pitch reel Jim made for execs, but that's as far as Rowlf ever made it too. :sympathy: