Muppet Treasure Island Action Figures

King Prawn

Reaction score
Ever since Ken asked us to make up our own series 7-11 lists i've noticed many people included as many as possible MTI characters.
When I first saw Sam i was blown away and just imagining how cool a MTI Kermit or Piggy would look like.
Anyway these characters our lost in the 7-11 lists so i thought it might be easier if we opened this thread to discuss only the MTI characters. :cool:

I think that the ones we really need to complete the MTI set are:
:smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :eek: :confused: Gonzo & Rizzo, now if we think about this carefully, we could have all these characters before reaching Series 14 without them taking over the line.

Like so

Series 7 could have Bunsen, he could come with a sword, and an old fashion canon with two or three cannon balls.

Series 8 could have a Gonzo & Rizzo pack in, i know pack in's are hard to do and that both Gonzo and Rizzo our major characters and should be used sepratley but if i'm not mistaken Ken did say they are on the list for 2004. They could come with a barrel and apples but the Rizzo pack in is enough to keep us happy i think :confused:

Series 9 could come with Piggy, she could come with some treasure, an ant eater and treasure chest, she could also be fitted into an island playset with those pig trees but i think this should only be done if they go back to one playset per series after 2003 otherwise it's a bad idea, there are other better playsets to take it's place. It would be cool though to display those Muppets with swords on it.

Series 10 could come with Kermit, although i think that if a ship were to come out Kermit should come with it but the only problem is Kermit has much better accesories than Fozzie that he could come with and Fozzie actually has none, so i say put Fozzie in with the ship (after all it is his ship). if you think about it what could Fozzie come with apart from a sword and maybe a magnifying(Sp?) glass. So Kermit could come with a sword, picture frame with Miss Piggy and a telescope (I know Sam comes with one) or Palisades could be totally daredevilish and include a tree (The one he and Piggy are hung from) that could be screwed onto the wall and sort of stick out and a rope to tie round Kermit's legs so he can be hung from it (That would be so cool) if they do that then Piggy could also come with a piece of rope to hung her upside down from the tree beside Kermit. That's why i didn't want to include Kermit with the ship not only cause Fozzie has no real accesories to come with but becuase i think this would be totally cool. Anyway i thnk this should come with Kermit and not Piggy because i think treasure and an ant eater would fit her better and besides that Kermit is a smaller figure so it would be easier to fit such a big accesorie with him.

(I'm getting tired, if you're still reading thanks)

Series 11 could come with Beaker, i think this would be such a cool figure i love Beaker's pony tail in MTI, i can't think of much that could come with him besides a sword and maybe a fire gun but the sculpt alone is worth it.

Series 12 now this is why i started this thread, cause no one's mentioned this figure, he might have not had a major part in the movie but his accesorie would be great as well as his sculp, Link Hogthrob, he could come with one of those metal round golden things which you hit with a stick (The thing Kermit hits after Piggy karate chops him). I know then there'd be too many Link Figures for such a minor character that he is (PIS Link, Pig on Patrol Link, space walk Link? (That's still an exclusive right) and maybe a regular Link somewhere along the line) but it would go great, especially on the island playset if it were to come out.

And obviousley Fozzie would come with the ship, with carved S&W at the front.

I actually thought they'd take up more of the line, anyway i also think Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty should be fit in somewhere even as exclusives because there should be some pirates so you can display those Muppet with swords to fight against and these three were the most well known pirates.

Also now this might be pushing it but an exclusive two pack Vacation rats would be cool, they should come with a table and some drinks so that they can be displayed on the island or watching the fight, then those two same rats could be repainted so that we could have 4 vacation rats (2 male and 2 female) they'd look different from each other cause what seperates a rat from a rat is there cloths, they all look the same.

So there's we have it, Kermit, Piggy, Bunsen, Beaker, Sam, Gonzo, Rizzo, Fozzie & Link. + 4 vacation rats, Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan & Mad Monty.

There's also be the ship and possibly an Island playset, and if worked properly it won't take up the whole line.

So what do you think

ps. I love the Kermit & Piggy hanging from the tree upside down idea.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Palisades should create a box set so that we could have Old Tom, Real Old Tom & Dead Tom.

"Dead Tom's DEAD!! Long John SHOT HIM"

"But Dead Tom's always been dead...that's why he's called Dead Tom"

"oh"

King Prawn

Reaction score
Obscure? Yes

Cool? Absolutley

Do I want them? defenatley

:wink: :big_grin: :frown: :smile: :rolleyes: :mad: -------- those are also cool

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I would like it to go like this:
Series 7:Clueless Morgan w/Polly the Lobster(no accesories)
Series 8:Benjimina Gunn w/ Anteater, Jewels, and Sword
Series 9:Spa'am w/ knife, and tiki
Series 10: Gonzo w/Rizzo(no acessories)
Series 11: Bunsen w/ Canon and canon balls :confused:
Series 12: Beaker w/ Sword
Series 13: Fozzie w/ Magnifying glass, sword, and bow tie for mr. bimbo(creative licensing)
Series 14: Hispanolia W/Capt. Smollet:smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think our best shot at getting all the main MTI figures is to make some of them exclusives. Either that or give up many spots in the line. :embarrassed:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'd only want these if they don't bump other chracters out of the line. They sound alright, but really, it's not my favorite muppet property...

the Mad Moose

Reaction score
I'd want them all...:smile:

Next to 'Pigs in Space', it's the only other theme I really lust for

(of course, that'll change as they release each new theme) :rolleyes:

dan

Reaction score
Not to be Mr. Negativity but I hated Muppet Treasure Island and won't be buying any of the figures from that movie. I would MUCH rather own ANY muppet that was just presented in his/her everyday garb. But that just me.

fozziebear900

Reaction score
I THINK THAT THESE FIGURES WOULD BE COOL !!!!!!!!!!!

Series 7:Hispanolia with Capt. Smollet
Series 8:Benjimina Gunn with Anteater, Jewels, and Sword
Series 9: Gonzo with Rizzo
Series 10:Bunsen with Canon and canon balls
Series 11: Beaker with Sword
Series 12: Fozzie with Magnifying glass, sword

I think there should be a Island playset and some pirates. Having a battle with this would be fun. They should have one character in each series and after they have done MTI they should make figures from other muppet films e.g.
Muppets in Space
Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppet Family Christmas
Muppets Take to Manhatern

There are so many possibilitys. I know i would buy these figures.
:wink: :big_grin: :embarrassed: :stick_out_tongue: :mad: