Muppet Treasure Island DVD Reviews

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just watched my copy of MTI for the first time, and mine's got a glitch in it. :frown: Can't return it (it was a gift from a while back). But anyway, the screen freezes when Sam returns to shore with the lifeboat and rescues Jim, Gonzo and Rizzo. The screen freezes, then it skips ahead to the next scene.

No big deal, I can get another one at Wal-Mart for cheap, but I just wondered if anyone else's disk "glitched out" like mine did?

Convincing John

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Convincing John,

Did you get the Disney 50th anniversary release or the pan-and-scan one? Have you tried this disc in another DVD player? It might just be a layer change at that spot or it could indeed be a defective disc.

Even though it was a gift you may still be able to exchange it depending where it was purchased.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey,

Let's see...the disc is not the 50th anniversary one. It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006472V/qid=1151277066/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-4798193-0371834?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

No, I haven't tried it in another DVD player yet. I'll have to try it out. What's a "layer change"?

Does the 50th anniversary one have more bonus features and stuff on it? I might have to pick it up.

As for where it was purchased...I have no idea. Thanks for your help, Phil.:smile:

Convincing John

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Did your read there Policy on defunct disk? Oh yeah, it was a gift.:embarrassed:

The Whatevers

Reaction score
I don't have the 50th year version, I have the normal one.

I love the movie (my 2nd fav Muppet Movie) but as for the features the only thing worth watching is the Making Of bit. The Commentary where they copy and paste little Rizzo and Gonzo saying stuff is possibly the most annoying thing in the whole world, and I'm sure there are a few people who'd agree with me there.