Muppet video games

Klonoa

Reaction score
Muppet Party Cruise is pretty decent, and yes, Digit is in it. He hosts one of the mini-games. You can unlock EVERY ONE of the Muppetisms on Party Cruise, which makes it worth it for collectors and stuff.

Man I wish I wouldn't have skipped out on Muppet Race Mania. I played an early version of it at E3 long ago, and it was crap, so I never bothered with it after that. But I've heard a lot of fans enjoy it. Oh well.

--Klonoa

rexcrk

Reaction score
I have Muppets Party Cruise (GameCube) and the Spy Muppets game (game boy advance). I love Muppet Party Cruise (the Muppetisms was a great idea). I've never played the Muppet Racing game, but that's 'cause I don't have Playstation 1.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Hey, even though that Wacky Races NES game was a 2-D platformer starring Muttley, it still was a pretty awesome game!

--Klonoa
Well, it was a pretty cool game... but it wasn't really "Wacky Races" to me other than the fact the charcters were in it (albiet breifly as boss characters) There were a few nods to Dastardly and Muttley and their Flying Machines, but you could take the exact game out and put in any random characters. Fun to play, but generic.

>>The only ones worth buying or getting or whatever are:

*Muppets Inside! PC CD-ROM (1996, starwave)
THEEEE Best Muppet video game, period. I mean Swedish Chef DOOM, just brillaint.

*Muppet Pinball Mayhem(2002) for the game boy advance. Its pinball, but I consider it one of the best.

*Spy Muppets: Licence to Croak(2003) for the gba. Lonsters, penguins, dr octopus-pepe, and mecha statler/waldorf! A bit linear, bu tway much better than on with the show.

*Muppet Race Mania: Considered the best of the best, it no doubt is addictive and features a lot of obscure bonus characters. (theres even a Fraggle Rock level...remember folks, when FR was considered Muppets?)

I also heard Muppet Cruise is pretty cool, and that Digit is in it.<<

They all sound great... Unfortunately, I'm really losing my way with video games (I'm out of practice) plus I can't afford them, and Race Mania and Inside are waaaaay out of print.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Dr. Tooth, did you ever try the Wacky Races game for Dreamcast? That was actually a true race game.

Yah know... I never played Dreamcast! Actually I downloaded the NES Wacky Races, and it was okay.... I also Downloaded the Jetsons, which was a hair pulling grevous nightmare to play! If it wasn't for the "save state" option, I'da never made it to the game's 1/10000 way point!

Yorick

Reaction score
While I agree it wasn't like the show or the movies, I thought "Chaos At The Carnival" really looked and sounded cool, it's just that certain parts were very difficult beyond all reason, and I don't think they meant it to be so frustrating, but Kermit's water raft (which seemed to have glitches, maybe other stages did too?) and Gonzo's space ship were both very tough, and when Kermit has to go in that castle after you beat the other levels, that was super rough too! I needed to use a nintento emulator and keep saving it when I did something right, and keep picking up where I last saved if I messed up! That "technique" helped me beat the game. Keep in mind I played it on the original NES for years (off and on), and never beat it.:concern:

A lot of games were like that. I'm not the greatest at it, and I play for a while, and don't play for a while. I've always been like that. But I don't really know how games are now, because I only play new game systems if a friend insists I try it, heh.:coy:

Here's the Atari game that Drtooth mentioned earlier in this thread:
http://www.atariguide.com/1/148.htm

http://tomheroes.com/Video Games FS/video games/cart scans/muppets_pigs_in_space.htm

And don't forget the unreleased Atari game, Miss Piggy's Wedding! :smile:http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppets/rarities.shtml

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Muppet Monster on playstaion was kind of cool you could play as Robin and that was cool.