1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Whatnots

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Muppetfan2011, Sep 6, 2011.

?

What is your favorite Muppet Show spoof?

1. Veterinarian's Hospital

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Pigs in Space

14 vote(s)
    42.4%

1. Muppetfan2011

Muppetfan2011 Member

I always wanted a whatnot but now that FAO Schwarz is long gone i found that they still do this online but the price is expensive so i am waiting until it goes down a bit but if you want to see these wonderful guys and gals and monsters too, log onto www.fao.com and type whatnots in the searchbox. Have a most sensational, inspirational,celebrational,Muppetsational day everyone.
  2. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Umm... What's with the random poll?
  3. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

And since when is FAO Schwarz in NYC long gone... it's still there
  4. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

we are saving up for a holiday for next year i must try to get to new york i'm still whatnotless and don't think they would close the FAO in new york i believe thats the last store i could be wrong
  5. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

I just got a whatnot in the mail this week. Only $99 with free shipping. That was the convincing part for me. I saw them in person years ago at FAO in NYC for $129 but couldn't pull the trigger because I was still a broke college student. I'm still relatively broke, but I could part with $99 for him easily and there are way more options that before which made the customization fun.
  6. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I like the 59 dollar what not kits at Toys R Us...no clothes though... Selling out in our stores pretty quick but they still have them online.... I got a whatnot myself when they first came out
  7. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

Is there any quality difference in the TRU Whatnots compared to ordering online? I ordered an orange Whatnot and I'm disappointed that the blue in TRU comes with all womens accessories
  8. DannyRWW

They look the same quality wise in store... I haven't bought one though (its on my Christmas list)... I think there is a slight difference in the fabric so the velcro pieces work better....the accesory thing is a bit odd but as my whatnot from Fao is blue I figured an orange one would be okay. Its really a good deal but doesn't have clothes (which they sell separately anyways) but baby clothese fits most puppets just fine anyways
  9. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

Yeah my whatnot just came in so I'm thinking about going to target and buying him some threads. I wanted the blue kit, and I have nothing against female muppets, but I can't voice one haha. My orange Whatnot is an intelligent creature (inspired by Hank McCoy aka Beast from X-Men) so I named him Hank. I just got the whatnot creator though so I'll probably buy another one before the year's end
  10. Walter

Walter Active Member

I'm still contemplating whether or not I want to get a kit or an fao one..I would like to make a muppet monster so maybe I'll get an FAO one. thumbs up on the Beast shout out:) lol
  11. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

Hahaha thanks for the thumbs up!! I actually used most of the monster parts (hair/horns and nose/teeth) when I created my Muppet. I remember looking back years ago those options weren't available. The quality is top notch though. I love my Muppet and so does my dog lol. I looked at the TRU ones closely and I will have to do so again since I received my Muppet Whatnot, but the quality from what I can remember seems to be the same. The only problem with the kits was if you wanted a girl you had to buy blue and if you wanted a boy you had to buy the orange
  12. LouieMartini

LouieMartini New Member

I ordered my whatnot through the FAO site over the Thanksgiving weekend. I had heard about the whatnots back in 2008 and meant to see the workshop in person next time I made it to NYC.
    Never happened, so when I saw it on sale for 84.99 that weekend, I jumped on it. I also had run by the local toys r us to see the kit in person. It appears the kit from TRU is a bit smaller from what I can tell. Also, I talked to employee there who had seen the ones in NYC and he said the same thing. I am very happy with my whatnot. Though getting my hand passed it neck was a little challenging with my pudgy right hand. This was a gift to myself this, to entertain the kids.

I am still tempted to get the TRU kit, for the kids to play with.

Also, right now the FAO site is saying the whatnots are temp out of stock if you build one and add to cart.

Good luck.

PS I'll post a vid of my guy.
  13. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

Thanks for the feedback! I just received my free whatnot designer kit today (apparently it comes free with every whatnot purchase) and I designed a lazy, slob type muppet haha. I really want to buy some more clothes for my muppet in TRU and I might do so, but $19.99 is kinda steep compared to the kids clothes you could buy at target. Can't wait to see your video!
  14. LouieMartini

LouieMartini New Member

The design kit is awesome. My kids where playing with it tonight and designing their own muppets. Which tells me that they
    would really enjoy one of this kits from TRU, since you can keep changing it.

They still have not met my whatnot yet. Working on the voice. :)
  15. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

I gotta be honest...the voice is tough :) I'm working on a british accent, but at the same time I feel a normal accent with more difficult vernacular would work haha. The joy of muppets!
  16. LouieMartini

LouieMartini New Member

17. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

18. DannyRWW

19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Why is there a random poll there, and FAO Schartz is still there.
  20. LouieMartini

LouieMartini New Member

I did just play it from my computer, then noticed I popped into the framing. So I did a quick edit in iMovie and cropped myself out, then added the track.